Options

70-680

wenswens Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I failed the test today. I do not think I study the right material. need help.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    First, Welcome to the forum.

Second, what sort of experience do you have using the items covered in the 680 exam? What materials (books, whitepapers, etc..) did you use to assist in your prep for this exam?

Lastly, do not give up hope. Many folks have failed exams, and several this one, so you are not alone (though I doubt that makes you feel better), but sometimes one needs to fail one to simply get themselves back on-track for what is needed to prepare for an exam.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Thank you, Plantwiz. I used the book, Microsoft Self training kit, and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. After I failed, I found a good source here. I should do more labs.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    wens wrote: »
    Thank you, Plantwiz. I used the book, Microsoft Self training kit, and the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. After I failed, I found a good source here. I should do more labs.

For starters you used **** material, and a fair chance at why you failed.

I would recommend, if you don't have it already, to set up a lab and practice if you don't have enough experience in the field. Try an additional legitimate source perhaps a Sybex Text and some white papers or such.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    get the don poulton book and then download the server 2008r2 and win7 enterprise demos from microsoft. throw them on your machines (or use virtual box and throw them on a VM) and read the book, do the labs, know the commands and what they do and you will do fine....
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green
  • Options
    Yes. I passed the exam today.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    What made a difference?
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    get the don poulton book and then download the server 2008r2 and win7 enterprise demos from microsoft. throw them on your machines (or use virtual box and throw them on a VM) and read the book, do the labs, know the commands and what they do and you will do fine....

Congrats on the pass!

What did you do to prepare and actually go from fail to pass in 2 weeks?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.