Options

CLI question

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
normally I see a space between things like "int ethernet 0" but in this CDP section Bryant has it listed as "int serial0"

is that typo? or does the space only matter in certain places? or is serial0 different than serial 0?
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    when specifying an interface, it does not matter if there's a space or not. Do you have access to a lab/GNS? Why didn't you just try it out?
  • Options
    thanks, I dont currently have a lab
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    you should install gns3 to check stuff like that by yourself if you want to get familiar with the ios.

we here at the forums are always glad to help you out if you have any questions. but for me it
    works real good if i am going through some cbt training and got a question like that to try it out myself.
    it also gives you a nice feeling saying "wait a sec - i will check that out" and jumping over to the cli and check
    out some ios commands. last but not least it gives you a HUGE advantage in the exam if you know your ios commads :D
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    +1 to gns3 if you don't want to spend money on a lab.

Memorizing the commands and using them are 2 totally different thing. Personally, even if I remember what commands I need to type in, unless I actually do it in the IOS, it doesn't really click. I think that when you're configuring things in the IOS, it should be automatic to you. You should be able to do it with debugs messages flying everywhere! If you're only reading about them, when it's time to do it on the exam, there's going to be a lot of second guessing, and that's not the time you want to be second guessing yourself.
  • Options
    I plan on setting up a lab for the CCNA studies, but the CCENT kind of snuck up on me. Life, work, ot, etc got in the way of my studies and the end of my WGU semester snuck up on me so I had to schedule it to finish this course.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    installing gns3 takes you about 5 minutes + 30 minutes understanding. and you get a nice virtual lab which can REALLY help you passing the exam...
    And then, I started a blog ...