Options

Help with DHCP and VLAN

youinkzyouinkz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys!

I need some serious help here.
I'm not that good at programming cisco equipment but I still needs to get this to work.
At www.fuzzi.dk/DHCP.jpg you'ææ be able to see my setup.

What I need is a complete configuration for every unit (Router0, Router1, Switch) and so on to make sure I can make it on my own, by writing it in to my Packet Tracer.

I hope you guys can help me out here.
I don't know how I can make my DHCP Server spit out the IP addresses to the different Vlans and also how I should use the IP Helper to spit out some ip addresses on the other site of the second router.

Please help!

Comments

• Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    Try google.com. If you have specific questions come back, but we don't do people's homework.
  • Options
    drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    I'm not going to complete this for you but when it comes to dhcp and vlans the interface the broadcast for dhcp comes from gets the scope assigned for that network.

ip-helper is only if you need to forward dhcp requests to a "outside" dhcp server on the network.

good luck
  • Options
    IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would understand the fundamentals before trying to configure this network.

Start off with a smaller network with one router, one switch, and a DHCP server. Using ROAS for the default gateways to route the IPs between VLANs and see what happens. Once you get that to work, you can go bigger. Remember for the ip-helper address, it goes like this:

(DHCP
    router (ip-helper)
    computer)

I hope this helps a little.

It will help you out in the long run if you try to study the material and figure out step by step, then for us to configure a network for you. If you have questions along the way, please ask.

We can help you learn to fish, but Techexams.net is not here to give you the fish.