Options

Finished Reading 70-640 2nd Edition , What is next ?

IT ExplorerIT Explorer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
I recently finished reading the 70-640 exam objectives topics of r2 edition and labed its excercises , I feel that I need your advice,
I also watched cbt nuggets videos, in addition to trainsignals( but didn't lab it ),

I need some additional material for AD CS cos. it is not covered well in all above resources.

I'm doing my labs on virtual machines in my PC which is Core2due 2.6 4GB Ram 500GB HD.

What to do next ?

Comments

• Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Have you taken the practice exams? If not, I would recommend doing so. That will help you gauge where your knowledge is currently at, and how prepared for the test you are. Technet will be your best source for supplementing information from the MS-PRESS books, or any other.

You say you have labed the exercises? Well, lab some more. Know how to do things inside and out. Lab, Lab, Lab! Oh, and did I mention lab some more?
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    when I take some exams, I get pass most of the times. but from there I see that there is AD CS , AD RMS and AD FS weak points I some times feel that these topics are just like introduction ( I mean in 70-640 exam ) to wide topics , but the exam reflect something different.
    I love to lab more , but is there any senarios that I can do so?
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    when I take some exams, I get pass most of the times. but from there I see that there is AD CS , AD RMS and AD FS weak points I some times feel that these topics are just like introduction ( I mean in 70-640 exam ) to wide topics , but the exam reflect something different.
    I love to lab more , but is there any senarios that I can do so?

Use the stickies and search technet to help you with those topics.

As for labbing more, just try and make something up. Can you install w2k8r2 and create a new forest/domain via gui? Answer file? Server Core? Blind folded while doing the hokie pokie with a monkey? Same with all the other core services. Look up best practices for them and understand why they are best practices, and apply them to your installs.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    Okay, about the exams , when I try to find exams , I find only questions with their answers , but with no explanations, do any one have some with their explinations