Options

CCENT 640-822 ICND1 Exam

soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is the CBT Nuggets enough? For those of you familiar with CBT nuggets, I have built my own lab identical to Jeremy's with 3 routers and 2 switches. I am able to route and ping all over the lab networks. I got Nat working and the lab is "operational".

I am very familiar with IOS, OSI model, subnetting, security, etc. Is there any other book or other topics I need to master before I schedule the 640-822?

Thanks in advance.
2018 Achievements:
Cloud Essentials SME
Project+
CRISC

2019 To conquer:
Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Even if I did Cisco every day I would use two sources minimum. Why don't you try Lammle or Odom's book just to be on the safe side? Even if you skim through them you may find something of value.
  • Options
    soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks I just picked up Lammle's book on Amazon.
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!
  • Options
    johnifanx98johnifanx98 Member Posts: 329
    Hi Soooowutnow,
    Could you share which model router/switch you use to prepare for CCENT? routesim.com sells network visualiizer for CCENT, which claims to cover
    2811 router with four serial interfaces, 2960 switch and 3560 switch. If I want to set up a physical lab, should I purchase such routers/switch as well?

Thanks,
  • Options
    advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I watched both Train Signal and CBT Nuggets. I went back through some of the videos a second time to refresh information. I'll have to do the same for ICND2 as there is much more information in there. However, I always suggest as many sources as one person can get their hands on. My typical studying involves, videos, reading (as much as I can stand to do without falling asleep), flash cards, practice questions/tests, practical/hands on experience, and repitition. I ordered 3 books for the ICND 1/2 and I've only read most of one, but they are helpful when I want to clarify something a little bit differently/more.
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog