Options

Stopping LIFE to pursue CCIE Lab

Comments

• Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    Very nice, you'll be hitting a thousand lab hours before you know it icon_smile.gif

Thank you! How bout you? When are you joining this dark side? lol
  • Options
    4 hours of ipv6 tonight! I need to get back to it for the test and because I will use it at work pretty soon. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Thank you! How bout you? When are you joining this dark side? lol

Eventually icon_smile.gif

Probably after I get my home lab together, so far I just got a 3700. Thinking about tacking the CCDP or CCNP: Security in meantime.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    Eventually icon_smile.gif

Probably after I get my home lab together, so far I just got a 3700. Thinking about tacking the CCDP or CCNP: Security in meantime.

Good to hear!
  • Options
    Ive been busy to the whole week. Work has been piling up. I could not find time to lab. Also, the coming weekend will be busy since i have tax paperwork, run errands, pick up a bench press 50miles away from my house and valentines!

The good news is, I get to listen to Jason Bomar CCIE # 9318 talked about MPLS and BGP. What works in the real world like designing, engineering, troubleshooting, and funny experiences.

Here are some pics:

Paparazzi shot

Im just happy to listen from a CCIE. I think he mentioned he has 15-20yrs experience in the networking business. Crazy right? Im pumped up! I want to lab! Anyway, its 11:21pm here. I still have to wake up at 5am. Goodnight!
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    looks like someone was trying to steal a movie from a theatre.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    looks like someone was trying to steal a movie from a theatre.

its the "instagram" dramatic effect. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Ive been busy last week because of work and went out this past weekend for valentines. On top of that, I wasnt feeling well this weekend. The only think I did was watch CCIE vids. Anyhow, Im labbing for 4hrs tonight! Im hoping to lab everynight and this 3 days weekend.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ive been busy last week because of work and went out this past weekend for valentines. On top of that, I wasnt feeling well this weekend. The only think I did was watch CCIE vids. Anyhow, Im labbing for 4hrs tonight! Im hoping to lab everynight and this 3 days weekend.

Keep at it. 500 hours then mock exam time I think. A good leveller for you. You can then focus on your topics from there. You have the edge on most CCIE candidates by being able to study for 3+ hours a day. Leverage that and take a mock.
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    Keep at it. 500 hours then mock exam time I think. A good leveller for you. You can then focus on your topics from there. You have the edge on most CCIE candidates by being able to study for 3+ hours a day. Leverage that and take a mock.

Im still waiting for my tax refund. Ill use the free mock lab from narbik then see from there.
  • Options
    I got home, took a shower, ate dinner and sat in front of my computer.

I'm really tired. icon_sad.gif I understand that this overwhelming feeling comes & goes. Anyhow, Im still pushing forward. I'm back to IPv6. Im watching the INE and CBT vids again for CCIE. Also, this will help me a lot since we are going to deploy ipv6 soon.icon_study.gif
  • Options
    I got home, took a shower, ate dinner and sat in front of my computer.

I'm really tired. icon_sad.gif I understand that this overwhelming feeling comes & goes. Anyhow, Im still pushing forward. I'm back to IPv6. Im watching the INE and CBT vids again for CCIE. Also, this will help me a lot since we are going to deploy ipv6 soon.icon_study.gif

For IPv6 reading is fine, but really you need to lab, lab, lab it. Use those vendor workbooks. One approach I have used is to go through the INE Vol II workbook, simply doing the IPv6 section for each of the twenty labs..that takes some time..but the points are made :)
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    For IPv6 reading is fine, but really you need to lab, lab, lab it. Use those vendor workbooks. One approach I have used is to go through the INE Vol II workbook, simply doing the IPv6 section for each of the twenty labs..that takes some time..but the points are made :)

Yeah im labbing ipv6 on narbik's workbook right now. Late night labbing. Damn errands ruined my labbing this weekend. Good thing I have a monday holiday. I should be labbing on Monday for more than 8hrs and maybe 5hrs tomorrow.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Dunno how dont get burnt out from so much studying, I bowing.gifbowing.gif you!

How are your wrists doing?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    Dunno how dont get burnt out from so much studying, I bowing.gifbowing.gif you!

How are your wrists doing?

I get burnt out! I hate that feeling. I usually try to go out for a day or 2 and get back at it again. Wrist is not as bad as before. I guess I got used to it or because of the ergonomic mouse pad.

How is your studying?
  • Options
    Yeah, getting burned out is easy. If you need to, drag your butt to do it. No matter what, keep crawling if you need to.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Yeah, getting burned out is easy. If you need to, drag your butt to do it. No matter what, keep crawling if you need to.

thats what im doing!
  • Options
  • Options
    I got my Tax Refund. I calculated the expenses today and here it is:

Narbik Expense
    • · 4 nights in a hotel = $118.00+tax
    • · Food = $20/day = $100
    • · Gas = $50
    • · Total of Bootcamp = $650
    Incoming expense
    • · CCIE test $1500
    • · San Francisco ticket $200
    • · Car Rental $100
    • · Hotel $120
    • · TOTAL of First Attempt = $1920

Total CCIE expense = $2,570

My head hurts thinking about it.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    I got my Tax Refund. I calculated the expenses today and here it is:

Narbik Expense
    • · 4 nights in a hotel = $118.00+tax
    • · Food = $20/day = $100
    • · Gas = $50
    • · Total of Bootcamp = $650
    Incoming expense
    • · CCIE test $1500
    • · San Francisco ticket $200
    • · Car Rental $100
    • · Hotel $120
    • · TOTAL of First Attempt = $1920

Total CCIE expense = $2,570

My head hurts thinking about it.

try not to think of the cost of the attempt, but of the value it will add years down the road. I got lucky in the fact that work paid for a 10 day INE bootcamp that comes with a free exam voucher and I plan to use dividend miles (US Airways) for a free first class flight to raleigh, plus hilton honors points for the hotel stay. I will be out of pocket for the car rental fee and food.

You are doing really well, keep going!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    You know you want this, NOC. Don't be acting like you have a headache thinking about the cost.

• Options
    down77 wrote: »
    try not to think of the cost of the attempt, but of the value it will add years down the road. I got lucky in the fact that work paid for a 10 day INE bootcamp that comes with a free exam voucher and I plan to use dividend miles (US Airways) for a free first class flight to raleigh, plus hilton honors points for the hotel stay. I will be out of pocket for the car rental fee and food.

You are doing really well, keep going!

When are you planning on attending the bootcamp? My advice is to get a couple of hundred lab hours on your own time in before you go. You will get more out of the training that way.
  • Options
    I definitely want it. Im going to spend that money. I was only venting. icon_thumright.gif

Back to labbing! 8hrs or more than that today!
  • Options
    I definitely want it. Im going to spend that money. I was only venting. icon_thumright.gif

Back to labbing! 8hrs or more than that today!

Keep on labbing. 500 hours soon. Then a mock exam.
  • Options
    Started at 2pm and ended at 1130pm. Goodnight! tomorrow again.
  • Options
    PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Awesome man! You are truly going strong! :D
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Started at 2pm and ended at 1130pm. Goodnight! tomorrow again.

Great work!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    Thank you guys.
    Labbing again tonight for 4-5hours.
    Subject: OER/Pfr and PBR icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    aiming for another 4hrs tonight! icon_twisted.gif