Options

Stopping LIFE to pursue CCIE Lab

Comments

• Options
    lsp2310lsp2310 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have to say this that you are going great! Your blog is very good. The videos that you posted about the motivation are superb! Thanks for sharing your blog here, your blog can be inspirational.

Keep up the good work and all the best for the 4 hours of tonight.

- Lalit
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    lsp2310 wrote: »
    I have to say this that you are going great! Your blog is very good. The videos that you posted about the motivation are superb! Thanks for sharing your blog here, your blog can be inspirational.

Keep up the good work and all the best for the 4 hours of tonight.

- Lalit

Thanks! likewise!
  • Options
    I only lab for 8hrs this past weekend. damn work killed me.

4-5hrs tonight. Multicast
    I have so many notes.
    2 notebooks, 3 sets of long white paper sheets and and still going.

O yeah I bought 1 more 3560 and I'm on a hunt for the last 3560.

back to studying
  • Options
    unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great progress so far my man! I noticed your Narbik materials, when are you taking his bootcamp?? My boss just told me to get Narbik on the schedule and so I am going to Burbank in July to partake and I can't wait!
    Preparing for CCIE Written
  • Options
    unclerico wrote: »
    Great progress so far my man! I noticed your Narbik materials, when are you taking his bootcamp?? My boss just told me to get Narbik on the schedule and so I am going to Burbank in July to partake and I can't wait!

Im also going on that date! I will see you there! LOL
  • Options
    networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »

When are you coming to the bay to take the exam? You owe us some Jollibee! :)
  • Options
    When are you coming to the bay to take the exam? You owe us some Jollibee! :)
    Not sure yet. When I feel that I am ready.
    End of this year or early next year.

You should buy me jollibee for visiting you guys. ill be bankrupt by the time i take the test.
  • Options
    networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Aite! See you when you get here! You're going to own that exam so you're going to treat us! :)
  • Options
    unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□

No fricken way, that is awesome! You are way ahead of me in terms of hours so hopefully I don't embarrass myself lol
    Preparing for CCIE Written
  • Options
    You wont. lol I might embarrass myself instead.
    unclerico wrote: »
    No fricken way, that is awesome! You are way ahead of me in terms of hours so hopefully I don't embarrass myself lol
  • Options
  • Options
    BrohamBroham Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You're determination has inspired me man. Any updates?
  • Options
    Broham wrote: »
    You're determination has inspired me man. Any updates?

still the same. still labbing but i stopped for 2 days since Im sick.
    I received 2 more 3560 so in total I have 4 3560's.

Also, Ruhann of Routing bits updated his pdf. I recommend you guys buy the PDF. Its a Bible to me for labbing.
  • Options
    last night labbing.

Im so disappointed with work right now. I didn't get the raise that I want after working and studying hard. I understand that its normal since everyone gets to this point. It could be worst but at the same time, it could be better. Its one of those "fuel to my fire". I guess its a wake-up call. I have to study harder for CCIE.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Just keep at it. A CCIE gives you alot of leverage in the job market.
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    last night labbing.

Im so disappointed with work right now. I didn't get the raise that I want after working and studying hard. I understand that its normal since everyone gets to this point. It could be worst but at the same time, it could be better. Its one of those "fuel to my fire". I guess its a wake-up call. I have to study harder for CCIE.
    I've been following this thread, it's inspiring! For you work, are you a network Engineer of sorts? Lots of Cisco certs?
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Options
    rogerp007rogerp007 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have learnt the hard way that being obsessed about it is not the right way to go if you have a family, if you are a single person and can hide yourself away from the world for a few months then great, do it and get your digits, if you have wife, children etc is has to be a more balanced approach if you want to have a happy life.
    Agree a study plan with your wife VERY important, when you are studying make you you are studying and not just watching a video and not really learning anything - make every minute productive.
    Then have time off with your family as down time, you can burn out and you need to maintain a steady approach.
    What works for me is reading the DOC Cd on a train, during my lunch break etc.

Roger
    UK
  • Options
    I just pace myself. I;m not concerned with making my hours, I'm concerned with making those hours productive. so each day I target what I'm going to work on. Once I've worked on it, if I finish early, I assess how I feel. If I'm willing to do more, I do it. If not, I go do something else. Some subjects are really intense and once I've worked through it, I need to go chill and let my brain absorb. If there's a particular thing I'm struggling with (ZBF was a big one, since it has many moving parts compared to most other configuration tasks), then I slot extra time for it.

You eat the elephant one bite at a time. The important thing is to make sure you understand why the answers are the answers, you have to get core concepts, or it doesn't matter how many hours you spend. If you feel burnt out, take a break. If you're frustrated, take the time to figure out why and try and do something about it. If you're having a problem with a particular subject, and it's what's driving your frustration, talk about it with some peers. I've had several breakthroughs in difficult subject material just discussing it with someone who could possibly follow along, not necessarily a subject matter expert. I'm constantly amazed at how much I learn by trying to explain something to others, there's something about it that just makes you reorder your thoughts and makes you go 'well duh, why did I miss that?'
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Those were some divine words from our resident sage (aka Forsaken_GA) here. Anyone who follows shall not falter.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just pace myself. I;m not concerned with making my hours, I'm concerned with making those hours productive. so each day I target what I'm going to work on. Once I've worked on it, if I finish early, I assess how I feel. If I'm willing to do more, I do it. If not, I go do something else. Some subjects are really intense and once I've worked through it, I need to go chill and let my brain absorb. If there's a particular thing I'm struggling with (ZBF was a big one, since it has many moving parts compared to most other configuration tasks), then I slot extra time for it.

You eat the elephant one bite at a time. The important thing is to make sure you understand why the answers are the answers, you have to get core concepts, or it doesn't matter how many hours you spend. If you feel burnt out, take a break. If you're frustrated, take the time to figure out why and try and do something about it. If you're having a problem with a particular subject, and it's what's driving your frustration, talk about it with some peers. I've had several breakthroughs in difficult subject material just discussing it with someone who could possibly follow along, not necessarily a subject matter expert. I'm constantly amazed at how much I learn by trying to explain something to others, there's something about it that just makes you reorder your thoughts and makes you go 'well duh, why did I miss that?'

Great advice. The burn out rate for CCIE candidates is extremely high so your advice can really help us all. Mastering the concepts is what this is all about. I never understood Microsoft server level subject matter as well as I did until after I taught it for a year. You have to digest the knowledge in such a way as to convery complete comfort and understanding of the material. Thanks for sharing that advice with us and good luck!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    I've been following this thread, it's inspiring! For you work, are you a network Engineer of sorts? Lots of Cisco certs?

My title is Network Analyst but I work on things beyond what my job description says. I have a Senior that doesn't want to work and feels that he has the right not to work. So his work falls into my hands.
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My title is Network Analyst but I work on things beyond what my job description says. I have a Senior that doesn't want to work and feels that he has the right not to work. So his work falls into my hands.
    Ah one of those, sorry to hear it. At least you get some experience out of it :)
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Options
    I guess so.
    3hrs labbing tonight. I think its been a week since I labbed. I had to rest since I felt like I was going to be sick. Spring = allergies
  • Options
    I scheduled my lab for Nov 19. ($1500) Also, scheduled the hotel from 18 to 20. ($200)
    Total of $1700 so far.
    Gas will probably cost less than $200 + food expenses. So around $2000 out of my own pocket.

I feel so pressured right now! I will probably post less, the more i get close to the lab date.
  • Options
    I scheduled my lab for Nov 19. ($1500) Also, scheduled the hotel from 18 to 20. ($200)
    Total of $1700 so far.
    Gas will probably cost less than $200 + food expenses. So around $2000 out of my own pocket.

I feel so pressured right now! I will probably post less, the more i get close to the lab date.

The only one putting pressure on yourself is you. Relax. One bite at a time.

Woosah - YouTube
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Total of $1700 so far.

Good luck!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    The only one putting pressure on yourself is you. Relax. One bite at a time.

Woosah - YouTube

hahahahaha WOOOOOOOOsaaaaaah!
  • Options
    jamesp1983 wrote: »
    Good luck!

thanks. I will need all the luck in the world.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You got this.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    thanks. I will need all the luck in the world.

Dont say that! You've been working your bum off for this! Your hard work will pay off.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com