Options

Stopping LIFE to pursue CCIE Lab

Comments

• Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    thiagomh wrote: »
    I personally started my CCIE R&S journey...couples books to read..about 8! Topics to be learned/refreshed. With family to take care and have to coordinate studies. I scheduled my written for 9/2012 and have to schedule lab. Pretty much reading everyday at home for couple hours plus weekends. Already have a lab with 8 routers and getting some 3750's with 4000 chassis (fully loaded) and 2950's to have some fun with. I've into similar road before while taking ccna, ccda, ccnp, ccdp...now just refreshing!

Good luck for you and go hard OR go home! :P
    Goodluck. Its a tough journey.
  • Options
    Taking a 2 days lab break. I feel burned out. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    It's always good to take a break, especially as hard as you have hitting the studies! Rest up icon_smile.gif
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Taking a 2 days lab break. I feel burned out. icon_sad.gif
    Enjoy your break. Better to take a couple days off to prevent a complete burnout which will kill your motivation.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
    You are very inspiring to what dedication is all about. a person is dedicated to things he loves to do, and that is the key to your success.
    I am familiar with your dedication but on the Linux side, not networking :) thumbs up, I am sure you will walk through this.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I definitely hit the wall. It felt like my body was rejecting everything I read. My eyes were hurting so bad, my hands were tired and I felt like throwing up. What a weird feeling. It felt like I was sick of it. I went to the beach on friday and went out for the night on saturday. I didnt touch the lab or read anything. Part of me is saying " you deserve the break". Another part of me is saying , "you are wasting your time resting, you need to study and there's so much to learn".

Anyhow, time to lab up. Im hoping to hit 8hrs. My girl starts going to school now. She's enrolled at WGU for Bachelors in business. She finally understands how much I need to be left alone. She gets mad when I talk to her while studying. I told her " thats what I have been dealing everyday with you when I started studying. " lol
  • Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Everyone needs a break some time, even ninja.

It's good to hear that you have an other half who understands how important it is to not be disturbed.
  • Options
    Yeah I hope she can hang. Shes tired of studying and working.

Eyes are hurting and Im sleepy. Labbing for 2hrs tonight.
  • Options
    I know the importance of labbing and not falling for environment entertainments, but when your body signals to you, it's important to listen to it. ruining yourself is the last thing you want.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Dolev wrote: »
    I know the importance of labbing and not falling for environment entertainments, but when your body signals to you, it's important to listen to it. ruining yourself is the last thing you want.

I agree with you Dolev, but our man Kim wants this as bad as you want to breathe when you've been under water for a minute. I wish him Godspeed in his quest.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Just remember - dead men pass no labs
  • Options
    definitely, I know how the feeling of the hunger to achieve a certification. I just think it won't be worth it if something [god forbid] happens to him due to lack of sleep or whatever you can think of.
    anyway, he knows what's best for him, and I wish him to best with it regardless :)
  • Options
    I usually sleep it off when im not feeling well. If my eyes are hurting then I snooze for 30mins or an hour. I lab as soon as I wake up. If I feel that Im going to be sick then I stop labbing and just go to sleep. If my wrist are hurting then I put a ice pack on it. lol

It sucks. These are the down times that I never thought about when I was planning it. Oh well, we live and we learn. Back to labbing.
  • Options
  • Options

Your CCIE lab success strategy is a great book. I finished it in 2 days. I recommend this to everyone!!!I thought I was studying enough but I learned that I need to study MORE! These guys brings CCIE labbing to another level. lol I disappointed at myself and embarrassed. There's a lot of work that needs to be done on my labbing. I will get that CCIE #!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MrBishopMrBishop Member Posts: 229
    Essendon wrote: »
    I agree with you Dolev, but our man Kim wants this as bad as you want to breathe when you've been under water for a minute. I wish him Godspeed in his quest.

The original guy that said this is very inspiring. It has helped me to refocus on my career goals. Pushing yourself is okay, but with a lack of sleep, the brain doesn't function as it normally should.
    Degrees
    M.S. Internet Engineering | M.S. Information Assurance
    B.S. Information Technology | A.A.S Information Technology
    Certificaions
    Currently pursuing: CCIE R&Sv5
  • Options

Your CCIE lab success strategy is a great book. I finished it in 2 days. I recommend this to everyone!!!I thought I was studying enough but I learned that I need to study MORE! These guys brings CCIE labbing to another level. lol I disappointed at myself and embarrassed. There's a lot of work that needs to be done on my labbing. I will get that CCIE #!!!!!!!!

Some geeks, no ebook version available for instant purchase!
  • Options
    Some geeks, no ebook version available for instant purchase!

I think the reason why they didnt sell ebook version is because its so easy to scam it. It can easily be uploaded to any sites and others cheap guys will download it.
  • Options
    I think the reason why they didnt sell ebook version is because its so easy to scam it. It can easily be uploaded to any sites and others cheap guys will download it.

Bad argument, just look at Ruhan and his routing bits book.

It's too bad, I would have bought it immediately if I could have gotten it immediately. I don't like carrying around dead trees anymore if I can avoid it, and I don't like waiting on shipping.

On the other hand, I should probably be telling them this and not you hehe
  • Options
    Bad argument, just look at Ruhan and his routing bits book.

It's too bad, I would have bought it immediately if I could have gotten it immediately. I don't like carrying around dead trees anymore if I can avoid it, and I don't like waiting on shipping.

On the other hand, I should probably be telling them this and not you hehe

....and that is why Ruhann's Routing Bits is being pirated because of its PDF version. Although, I paid Ruhann because I want to support the guys hard work, and I believe that his book is worth more than he is charging. Its a book that can be used for lab and daily work. Its annoying that I paid for it and other people download it for free but that's life. I think he is a great guy for not charging for the latest version.
  • Options
    ....and that is why Ruhann's Routing Bits is being pirated because of its PDF version. Although, I paid Ruhann because I want to support the guys hard work, and I believe that his book is worth more than he is charging. Its a book that can be used for lab and daily work. Its annoying that I paid for it and other people download it for free but that's life. I think he is a great guy for not charging for the latest version.

Well, here's the point - the people that are going to pirate, are going to pirate. You're not going to stop it. If that book became well known enough, I guarantee you it'd be scanned and freely available. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if it already was.

However, I'll bet Ruhan's made a pretty good bit of money on his book, even with the piracy, since Ruhan has like no overhead (the payment processor would be the only thing I could think of, since he sells it direct) Paying 26 bucks for a print copy of a book that's 179 pages? If he cut the price to 9.99 and made it available via ebook distribution, I'd bet he'd make some cash, more than he will off the print version.

Either way, the business model can be a subject of debate, and I apologize for derailing your thread. I may end up ordering it anyway, but right now I'm inclined to just be disappointed it's not available in my preferred medium.
  • Options
    Np.

5hrs of labbing today. I took a nap for an hour and im going at it again. im hoping for another 3hrs and im going to call it a night.
  • Options
    No labbing on friday and saturday. Today Im aiming for more than 8hrs. Back to labbing.
  • Options
    Im hoping for another 7hrs today. icon_study.gif
  • Options
    NoercNoerc Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You are a monster bro :P, hard work will pay off in the end.
  • Options
    Noerc wrote: »
    You are a monster bro :P, hard work will pay off in the end.

Thanks!
  • Options
    2hrs tonight. Polishing up some of my weaknesses such as BGP and MPLS.
  • Options
    3hrs tonight! crash.gif This is the closest lab icon I can find. There should be a lab icon. lol
  • Options
    2hrs tonight! My eyes are hurting from looking at the monitor the whole day. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    Ive been labbing 1hr every weekday. My eyes are tired and im exhausted from work. Its been busy! grrrrrrr
    Today, I went to the gym, do my laundry, wash my car, cook, and clean the house. Finally, I get to take a break and lab. Yup, how lame is that? My break is my lab!!! Time to lab and hit atleast 6hrs today.

There goes my weekend!