Options

Stopping LIFE to pursue CCIE Lab

Comments

• Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    labbing today. Im hoping to atleast 5hrs. Im pretty burned out so im going out tonight. icon_thumright.gif

Words on the streets that the lab version is going to change (12.x to 15.x). I heard from a friend, that he heard from a CCIE guru, that the CCIE lab version is going to change 9-12 months from today. I wonder if anybody heard about this?
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Purchasing licenses for 15 will make las a bit more expensive. Hopefully they do this after we all pass icon_smile.gif
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    Purchasing licenses for 15 will make las a bit more expensive. Hopefully they do this after we all pass icon_smile.gif
    I hope to too that we all pass before this storm. lol
  • Options
    I’m going to open a youtube channel soon with my friend. This channel will be for all Network Geeks that wants to learn CCNA , CCNP and CCNP-Wireless. It will be theory and hands on of Routing, Switching, Security (Pen Testing in Wireless/ Securing), and Wireless. This is us, giving back or returning the favor to the internet that gave us so much FREE information. We will talk about different topics of the technologies from theory to labbing. How we study icon_study.gif , our labbing tricks, and etc. Also, the whole process of configuring each technologies from creating adjacency, breaking it, fixing it, and verifying it. icon_thumright.gif

I will appreciate it if you guys suggest anything you want me to talk about, whether its Cisco protocols or any questions you want to ask. icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    Look forward to seeing some your stuff (I actually I had an idea like that a few weeks back but couldn't get any of my friends to commit)

With those topics the toughest part will be picking a topic to start with!
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    Probably something simple first for the CCNA guys. We will follow the blueprint and post videos per request.
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Probably something simple first for the CCNA guys. We will follow the blueprint and post videos per request.

If you're down to teach, I'm down to learn. I'm going for my CCNA now, just passed my Net+ Friday, so I'm recovering from celebration (hehe), I'll crack open Lammle's book later today but I am open to any knowledge you can bestow upon me. Keep us updated!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    Will do. We might post a video this weekend or next weekend.
    Feel free to let me know what you want to see so I can post that specific video.

Anyhow, 3hrs of labbing tonight. Warrrrrrrrrrr CCIE
  • Options
    OscedumirOscedumir Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You're a real warrior NOC-Ninja. I've been reading your thread since I joined the forum and it's really inspiring to see someone so dedicated to achieving what they want. I am really looking forward to your videos when they hit youtube. I am requesting something with ACL and OSPF since those are my
    weak areas as i'm currently studying for CCNA. Thanks in advance icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Words on the streets that the lab version is going to change (12.x to 15.x). I heard from a friend, that he heard from a CCIE guru, that the CCIE lab version is going to change 9-12 months from today. I wonder if anybody heard about this?

Kim, I am going to assume you heard it from me since we had this discussion last week while I was in San Diego for Cisco Live so let me try to clarify. Anthony Sequeira (former INE's instructor) had three PSRCCIE-9302 session at Cisco Live. I attended the the last session which was on a Friday. After the session, people started asking him questions and one of them was about blueprint. He said that he thinks that Cisco is actively working on a blueprint change for CCIE R&S and the change may take effect 9 - 12 months from now. Marko Millvojevic (IPExpert instructor) wrote blog post about the blueprint change last year too which makes two instructors predicting a blueprint change. Now, are they in a position to know about the blueprint change? No, so people can take it with a grain of salt. However, if you take a look the dates of from v2 to v3 and v3 to v4 changes then you'll notice that v4 is reaching its end of life.

Now, the noise about moving 12.4 to 15.X and hardware change is just people speculating as you'll see from the conversation here. I'll have to agree with the IOS and somewhat on the fence about the hardware change since ISR G1 and 3560 can still run 15.x. If you follow other "thread" of the Twitter conversation about the same topic, you'll also see that two guys speculating that Cisco may change the hardware to ISR G2s and 3560X. I personally would think 3560v2/3750v2 and not the X.

Now, about the content of the blueprint itself, Anthony Sequeira mentioned after the session that he thinks Cisco may drop the Frame Relay and some security stuff like CBACs, and etc. What I think is probably more about PfR since the technology itself is evolving and probably more about IPv6 since more and more organizations are implementing it.

It'll be interesting to see the changes. I am glad that my training bundle comes with free updates!
  • Options
    Yeah, I didnt say it was you because I thought you want to be anonymous. lol
  • Options
    I didnt get a chance to lab yesterday since I went to an interview. It took me 3hrs to finish an interview.I spend 1hr and 30mins to finish a 55 test questions about LAN, WAN (OSPF, BGP) and wireless. The president of the company told me he likes me and wants me to come back for a 2nd interview (cross my fingers) this week to face the engineers. If I get this job then I wont be able to make youtube videos and it will severely affect my CCIE studies.

Its weird not to lab for a day. It felt like Im so slow in the CLI today. It feels like something was missing when I dont lab. I think labbing turned into a lifestyle. Anyhow, back to labbing! Stay hungry my friends.
  • Options
    networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I didnt say it was you because I thought you want to be anonymous. lol

I am anonymous. =)
    I didnt get a chance to lab yesterday since I went to an interview. It took me 3hrs to finish an interview.I spend 1hr and 30mins to finish a 55 test questions about LAN, WAN (OSPF, BGP) and wireless. The president of the company told me he likes me and wants me to come back for a 2nd interview (cross my fingers) this week to face the engineers. If I get this job then I wont be able to make youtube videos and it will severely affect my CCIE studies.

Good luck in your new position! I am sure you're going to get it! Just don't forget about me! :)
  • Options
    Good luck in your new position! I am sure you're going to get it! Just don't forget about me! :)
    Thanks bro. Its not for sure yet until there a offer letter. lol

My eyes are burning due to work and Im tired. I feel disappointed that I didnt get to spend a lot of hours labbing this month.
    Back to labbing!
  • Options
    2hrs of labbing tonight! Tired as F***! Damn, this test demands so much time!
  • Options
    3hrs of labbing tonight. QoS for the whole week! I hate QoS "with a passion"
    bang my head to the wall!!!!!!
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No complaining!

You're doing great :D
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    3hrs of labbing tonight. QoS for the whole week! I hate QoS "with a passion"
    bang my head to the wall!!!!!!

I don't know how the stars aligned this week but I had at least 4-5 customers come out and request QoS changes/reviews this week.

Keep at it man!
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    Well, I didnt get the position. Too much competition. Its good since I get to study more.
    I had to hit the books tonight. I cant believe I dont remember some of the things Ive read before. Its crazy how I forget things like this. I made sure I understand it before.. WTF!!!

Anyway, studying the whole night.
  • Options
    log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
    Starting a new job would definitely hold you from your CCIE studying, at least the first couple of months. I think it's good you will still be able to study now. finish what you've started.
  • Options
    Yeah my 4-5 months for my first attempt. The youtube video plan is held back. No more time for anything else but labbing.
    Also, I have a CCIE narbik bootcamp on end of sept. I already told my boss about it. Its a go according to Narbiks wife. Im pumped!

4hrs of labbing tonight.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Yeah my 4-5 months for my first attempt. The youtube video plan is held back. No more time for anything else but labbing.
    Also, I have a CCIE narbik bootcamp on end of sept. I already told my boss about it. Its a go according to Narbiks wife. Im pumped!

4hrs of labbing tonight.

Is that the one out in Burbank? If so, I'm debating on going. I'm not sure I can shake the funds loose myself, when you add in the bootcamp cost plus the hotel for a week and flight costs. If I can talk my boss into paying for the bootcamp and letting me cover travel expenses, I might be there, but otherwise, I think I'm going to end up skipping a bootcamp entirely.
  • Options
    You should come so i can learn from you and get to meet u finally. Lol
  • Options
    You should come so i can learn from you and get to meet u finally. Lol

Well, I certainly want to go, it's simply a matter of popping the funds loose, and I'm not sure I can make that happen, as between the bootcamp cost, airfare, and hotel, a safe estimate of that price tag looks to be about $5k. Considering I have to pay for my lab exam a month prior, and Narbik requires pre-payment, that's an awful lot of cash to layout in such a short amount of time, and I have to do some finagling with work in order to swing the time off for both the lab and the bootcamp (since I didn't officially become an employee until May, I don't have a full run of vacations days)

Hrm, it looks like they moved it from Burbank to Glendale. Do you happen to have the address of the where the bootcamp would take place? I'd need to reprice hotels.
  • Options
    Well, I certainly want to go, it's simply a matter of popping the funds loose, and I'm not sure I can make that happen, as between the bootcamp cost, airfare, and hotel, a safe estimate of that price tag looks to be about $5k. Considering I have to pay for my lab exam a month prior, and Narbik requires pre-payment, that's an awful lot of cash to layout in such a short amount of time, and I have to do some finagling with work in order to swing the time off for both the lab and the bootcamp (since I didn't officially become an employee until May, I don't have a full run of vacations days)

Hrm, it looks like they moved it from Burbank to Glendale. Do you happen to have the address of the where the bootcamp would take place? I'd need to reprice hotels.

Here you go:
    1700 W. Glenoaks Blvd. Unit K
    Glendale, CA. 91201

It is expensive but i think its the cheapest since you can come back again and again for bootcamp. Its good to get refresh especially we dont use all these CCIE technologies at production. Also, they dont call him command line king for nothing. Like every review at google, He teaches with no powerpoint but with whiteboard.
  • Options
    Here you go:
    1700 W. Glenoaks Blvd. Unit K
    Glendale, CA. 91201

It is expensive but i think its the cheapest since you can come back again and again for bootcamp. Its good to get refresh especially we dont use all these CCIE technologies at production. Also, they dont call him command line king for nothing. Like every review at google, He teaches with no powerpoint but with whiteboard.

Oh, I know all about Narbik's rep, which is why I've been wanting to take his class for awhile. The one out in Cali is tough. I see he's also got one out in RTP first week of December, that one I could make with very little expense (already been looking at hotels in RTP). And from Atlanta, I could drive there, so that would save on airfare (be like $100 in gas there and back, much cheaper than airfare, not to mention not having to put up with the damn TSA). Only problem with that is that I'd need to push back my lab date by a month... which honestly, I'm willing to consider. I'm currently scheduled at RTP for Nov. 19th, as I wanted my lab attempt out of the way before the holidays started. Hrm, things to think about.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    How are things going with your GF? She more comfortable with your study routine?
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    Oh, I know all about Narbik's rep, which is why I've been wanting to take his class for awhile. The one out in Cali is tough. I see he's also got one out in RTP first week of December, that one I could make with very little expense (already been looking at hotels in RTP). And from Atlanta, I could drive there, so that would save on airfare (be like $100 in gas there and back, much cheaper than airfare, not to mention not having to put up with the damn TSA). Only problem with that is that I'd need to push back my lab date by a month... which honestly, I'm willing to consider. I'm currently scheduled at RTP for Nov. 19th, as I wanted my lab attempt out of the way before the holidays started. Hrm, things to think about.
    hit me up if you go to the same date that im going to.
  • Options
    How are things going with your GF? She more comfortable with your study routine?

Its alright. Its up and down. Definitely tough to juggle CCIE and a girlfriend. She finds things to do so she doesnt get bored waiting for me. I go out on friday nights so I dont feel soooo burned out. I step back from labbing and ask her to go out if i feel tired of studying. Other than that, she gives me time to study hard but at the same time she asked for cuddle time. lol

How bout your family? How does your wife deal with it? Do you ever feel burned out yet?
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Its alright. Its up and down. Definitely tough to juggle CCIE and a girlfriend. She finds things to do so she doesnt get bored waiting for me. I go out on friday nights so I dont feel soooo burned out. I step back from labbing and ask her to go out if i feel tired of studying. Other than that, she gives me time to study hard but at the same time she asked for cuddle time. lol

How bout your family? How does your wife deal with it? Do you ever feel burned out yet?
    She was okay with it from the beginning and I let her know exactly what we were getting into. She's been pretty supportive so far, but she asks for her time with me of course. She just took a job as a consultant, so she is going to be out of town half the time anyway. I don't feel too burned out. There are some days or weeks when I can tell I'm just not focused. I take a break then. Better to take a break rather then half-ass it and not really learn the material.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%