Options

Study Hours

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
A lot of activity on the CCIE board lately with many people cranking up daily study hours for the written and lab and some new candidates. We have a good school this year.

Candidate Reading/Lab hours

reaper81 235/399
noc-ninja 200/50
jamesp1983 126/49
gorebrush 75/0
chipsch 31/0
grilock 0/0 *just started*
killuah 350
myself 508/929
civsi44 ?/650
insecure.ro 3/0
rakem 55/32
unclerico 0/0 *just started*
Mrock4, Cisco Trooper, Forsaken, EdtheLad hard at it but no counters.

Keep it up folks. 200 for written, 500 - 1500 for lab. Latter depends on your regularity I think.

Comments

• Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Good progress people. At least a few of us should be able to make it in 2012.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    Yeah I think so. Im glad I stuck around. We had a dearth for a while but we have a good stable of candidates for 2012 now. It's good to see some of the experienced folks committing to the track as I know how difficult it can be to get through this damn track when you have a lot on at work and at home.

I think we have a sprinkling of probables for next year. You are one, Im another if I can stay regular on the studies and a couple of others. As for the rest, they will need to still be studying this time next year and studying hard between now and then. Time is the killer. When you look at CCIE lab passes they are often cranked out inside 18 months by people who study virtually every day. Whole evenings and weekends are consumed, the weekends being very important. But a key contributor is getting some studytime in on workstime, it really makes a difference if you can do that.
  • Options
    ipSpaceipSpace Member Posts: 147
    I saw some people quitting work for 6moths->1 year to get their CCIE and then they went back to work.
    What do you think about this ? (of course if you have money saved, and you can live on the money you saved)

I was definitely thinking about this, since i am 24 years old and want to get my CCIE by the time i hit 26.

My Network & Security Blog with a focus on Fortigate. New post on how to create a fortigate ssl vpn.
  • Options
    If you are on the right track working for Cisco you get plenty of slacktime to study at work. Same for some partners. Back in the day partners who wanted gold status would let some of their guys study fulltime on full dollar to do so. I know one guy who talked his employer into supporting this. Bootcamp, rackhire, workbooks all paid for and lots of office time to prepare. 12 months later 3 fails. Ended up with a new boss, they quarreled and he left the company.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm thinking I'm going to need around 250 for the written. Its good to see a lot of people making the push towards this beast. Good luck all!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    civsi44civsi44 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I haven't contributed much or kept up to date tracking my hours but I'm between 600-700 hours lab, scheduled for 11/22, I should be able to come close to that 1000 mark. This will be my 2nd attempt
  • Options
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    civsi44 wrote: »
    I haven't contributed much or kept up to date tracking my hours but I'm between 600-700 hours lab, scheduled for 11/22, I should be able to come close to that 1000 mark. This will be my 2nd attempt

good luck man!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    you forgot me icon_sad.gif
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    Sorry man, I just added you to the list at the top of the thread ;)
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    lol.
    thanks mate
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    civsi44civsi44 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My biggest concern is troubleshooting and speed, Give me enough time and I'll figure it out, its troubleshooting each ticket in 10 minutes or less. Thats what scares me, config I'm not worried about to be honest. We'll see I'm doing full labs with INE/360 and once done with those will concentrate solely on TS labs and speed.
  • Options
    Its a good approach. Get solid on config first and then get your mock exam marks up. Once those are acceptable take 2 - 3 months out to dedicate to TS practice and mock exams then do the lab itself. Good luck.