Passed 70-680 today!

GachevskyGachevsky Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed the 70-680 exam today with a 809! This is my first certification and I'm pretty excited about it. I put in a lot of studying over three months or so using the MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit for configuring Windows 7, the Train Signal videos, and the Professor Messer videos. I also supplemented this with random TechNet articles on subjects that I needed more work on. I had a VMWare Workstation lab set-up where I did most of the labs in the Training Kit. And then did the practice tests like crazy the last couple of weeks.

I'm looking for some suggestions on what to tackle next. I'm considering 70-685, 70-686, 70-640, and ITIL V3. My ultimate goal is to become a Systems Administrator, but at the same time I'd really like to "master" Windows 7. And by getting the ITIL certification, I'd like to make job prospects easier. So, I'm not sure what's next. Oh, and I have to take the test before Skyrim comes out;)

Any suggestions?

Comments

• whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for posting the study material used!

Seems like the logical route would be 70-685 and 70-686 next...best of luck in whatever you go with!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing!
  • parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    How did you find the exam? Was it as difficult as the MS Press Book and Prof Messer's videos?
  • GachevskyGachevsky Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The questions were about as hard. I practiced those exams until I was getting 90%. Good luck!