Options

Setting a Passing Goal

KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
To clarify, Yes there is a Pass/Fail - But just getting by isn't what I am after. Where would the benchmarks be? My goal, without ever having taken a Cisco Exam is in the 900's. I personally feel that with that score, I can confidently move on and not come across something I don't understand with the ICND2 materials.
WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
Currently Reading
Darril Book

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Just because you don't get a 900 doesn't mean that you don't know something. People forget things, mess up, or they have to skip questions. A pass is a pass. There will be a lot of things that you won't understand in the ICND2.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    You do get a quite a number of people who are really good at doing tests and get 95%+ but suck big time at doing any practical work.

Pass the test but focus on knowing how to use cisco routers in the real world , make them do what you need them to do.
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • Options
    KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    alxx wrote: »
    Pass the test but focus on knowing how to use cisco routers in the real world , make them do what you need them to do.

Scheduled Delivery: Monday, 09/19/2011 - Hands on, on its way.

I have not been into a device in some time, so I ordered lab parts... which reminds, need to check my bids. (More equipment)

While I was smoking, I was browsing the App store, found the Sybex 802 flashcards, not the 822 (still something to read/do while polluting my lungs) and I was hitting the commands spot on. Went and took a practice exam, nailed all the commands and surprised myself. I think past usage/experience played a big part there.. Once I was in the IOS (PT) things looked familiar again as I was just typing everything in then ? to see all the options.
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My goal for the CCNA is, well... 1000. Doesn't everyone want to get top marks on the test? Honestly though, like others have said, sometimes you forget something, mess up or just go completely blank on a sim, we're human, it happens. I think having a goal in mind isn't the best thing to do, just aim on passing.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Even if you get 1000 on the CCNA, in the real world you will inevitably come across something that will have you stumped. Also; unless you have 100% total recall, you'll never be able to recall every single detail of Cisco that you've learned.

The true road to mastery of Cisco is like learning to play an instrument-practice, practice, practice and practice.icon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    KrisA wrote: »
    To clarify, Yes there is a Pass/Fail - But just getting by isn't what I am after. Where would the benchmarks be? My goal, without ever having taken a Cisco Exam is in the 900's. I personally feel that with that score, I can confidently move on and not come across something I don't understand with the ICND2 materials.

We all want to do well on everything we do, but your score on an exam isn't really what's important, especially as time goes by after taking the exam. What really matters is what you know/remember. Ultimately, a certification is validation of what you know, not the end result.