Options

When do you know you are ready?

mjkatonamjkatona Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Back ground: Orginal CCNA expired in 2003 .. Need to re-cert for the years out.. Been working in networking for 10 years, although what you do in a day to day career is nothing like the questions on the CCNA.. That said, I've been studying with the Kaplan Self Study CD and pretty much acing it now. Also started using the Cisco Study guide with the Boson Sims (although I have plenty of hands on) but not doing to do with those questions.. They seem really hard... Been studying about 2/3 hours a night as I think I'm almost ready but just have an feeling of.. maybe scared? When did YOU know you where ready to take the test?

Comments

• Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mjkatona wrote: »
    Been studying about 2/3 hours a night as I think I'm almost ready but just have an feeling of.. maybe scared? When did YOU know you where ready to take the test?
    Nothing wrong with being scared; should be expected since the CCNA is quite challenging. But the best way to know when you're ready is to take as many practice tests as possible. If you can look at a simulation or question and tell what the correct answer is (even when they give similar answers) without second-guessing yourself then you're ready. Good luck and GO FOR IT!!!!

BTW-let us know how well you score.....icon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    I don't think I ever knew when I was ready. I usually take the exam when I can't stand to read to read another word about the subject icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    pham0329 wrote: »
    I don't think I ever knew when I was ready. I usually take the exam when I can't stand to read to read another word about the subject icon_lol.gif
    That was my experience also, when I couldn't stand to go over the material anymore I was ready. Those Boson tests are a lot harder than the real thing in my experience, but they are great for learning.
  • Options
    IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So far for me, it's when WGU gives me the deadline to take the test or fail the class.

Every cert that I've taken, I've felt like I needed at least one more month before I would be confident enough to pass. I took the tests anyway and passed, but I always felt that I could have done better given more time.

Though a pass is a pass, I have the rest of my life to continue studying networking material to fill in the voids.
  • Options
    nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    I realized I was finally ready after I submitted my test and it came back with a passing score! icon_cheers.gif ymmv
  • Options
    BrizoHBrizoH Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jmc012 wrote: »
    That was my experience also, when I couldn't stand to go over the material anymore I was ready. Those Boson tests are a lot harder than the real thing in my experience, but they are great for learning.

Another vote for this - when you can't stand reading/watching any more material and pass the Boson tests comfortably you're ready