Options

Is the "?" command disabled on the real-test?

rapyokerapyoke Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
I remember hearing this somewhere and just took it at face value, is it true that the "?" command is disabled on the CLI sims on the real test?
[X]70-270 - Configuring Windows XP Professional
[X]70-680 - Configuring Windows 7
[X]640-802 - CCNA
[ ] MCITP

Comments

• Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
  • Options
    rapyokerapyoke Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow, well that takes a load off my mind! I had been studying under the assumption that I would need to just be able to spit all of these commands out with no method to double check or correct.
    [X]70-270 - Configuring Windows XP Professional
    [X]70-680 - Configuring Windows 7
    [X]640-802 - CCNA
    [ ] MCITP
  • Options
    You're doing just fine actually learning the commands. Use "?" as a tool, not a crutch. GL on your exam.
  • Options
    cisco_kiddcisco_kidd Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Please keep in mind though, some commands or the ? may be disabled on SOME sims if they are looking for a specific answer to test your knowledge. For example, if it was asked to get the IP address of a specific interface, show int f0/0 may be disabled, and show int brief may not. On the same sim, show ? may not work. So the real answer is yes and no.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    These are one of those questions where people aren't supposed to answer because of the NDA.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    really? Telling someone whether the "?" command is available is violating the NDA? What exactly is said in the NDA since I've never read it
  • Options
    descender421descender421 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    These are one of those questions where people aren't supposed to answer because of the NDA.

I don't really understand that as even Jeremy from CBT Nuggets I believe says on one of his videos that you can use the "?" command on the real tests. But I never answered this question either as I didn't want to be violating the NDA, so I'm not quite sure.
  • Options
    It's hardly a violation of the NDA.

If it is, then report me and every other training vendor that tells you that you can use it.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    yeah, on The Bryant Advantage study guide it mentions that sometimes you can use the ? and sometime you cannot. now maybe some other information on here is NDA
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    Yeah I didn't go into details, I just said it wasn't disabled. Figure out the rest by taking the test. Sheesh...
  • Options
    cisco_kiddcisco_kidd Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    QHalo wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't go into details, I just said it wasn't disabled. Figure out the rest by taking the test. Sheesh...

<insert Facebook like here>