Options

Have you ever started a certification and then bailed?

2»

Comments

• Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Studied for the network+ exam and never took it, only because i was persuaded to study and attempt the CCNA.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    chrisone wrote: »
    Studied for the network+ exam and never took it, only because i was persuaded to study and attempt the CCNA.

Looks like that was a pretty solid decision.
  • Options
    traceyketraceyke Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    chrisone wrote: »

Omg I was studying for the Network+ for the longest this year (on and off since March) because I wanted to boost up my resume while job hunting. It was hard to focus on it because I slowly became more interested in the idea of studying for the MCITP 70-685, 70-680 certs. The irony is that once I got my first real full time IT gig as an "Entry Level IT Technician", I lost all motivation to take it AND my boss wants me to start studying and taking the MCITPs icon_lol.gif.

It's kinda funny because I was literally 88% done with Mike Meyers All-In-One Network+ book too. I don't regret not taking Network+ at all. According to many members on this site (and in the field), the cert is too "entry level" and not as valuable as it used to be. Besides, I was always more interested in studying/taking the MCITPs and it has a significantly higher ROI than the Network+. It's funny how things turn out.