Options

Thinking about A+

Doomsday JDoomsday J Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
I anm currently finishing up my assiciates in network technologies. I am Network+ certified and would like to have an A+ to go along with my Net+.
I have only had one hardware class and that was over a year ago. If I bought a book, say the Michael Meyers book, or any other A+ Cert book, got the technotes from this site, did a bunch of tests, is that good enough to pass? OR, should I need to take a class or two? I'd like to be able to just buy a couple of books and study them hard.

Any advicde to incite is greatly appreciated.

J
If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Comments

• Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    that is definately enough in my opinion. just study hard and take soem practice tests... also some hands on wouldn't hurt either. :)

the A+ is a fairly easy test... i took mine 5 years ago though, and it has changed since then :)

atleast you don't have dos questions anymore heh
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    leefdaddy wrote:
    that is definately enough in my opinion. just study hard and take soem practice tests... also some hands on wouldn't hurt either. :)

the A+ is a fairly easy test... i took mine 5 years ago though, and it has changed since then :)

atleast you don't have dos questions anymore heh

leefdaddy has perfectly given you the required advise. I wish you the best in your attempt too.
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You should look at the objectives first. The exam has changed quite a bit since last time revision. I used, and would recco Mike Myers All-In-One guide(5th is the latest). If you feel you fully understand the objectives, and your familiar with todays technologies, maybe you could take it, but at $250 to fail, I'd study first. Just my 3.1451 cents.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Doomsday JDoomsday J Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the insite! After I graduate I think I am going to take the iNet, and then start to study A+. I have a school book that is mapped to the 2003 objectives.

Thanks,

J
    If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything.