Options

touch screens

demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
with windows 8 being based off of touch , or at least it can be driven well that way

and android coming to the x86 platform

do you think it would be a good time to start looking at a touch screen monitor or should i wait a bit longer? they are still kinda pricey at the moment
wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    I'd say wait. They will probably be down in price by the time that stuff is released. I'd wait until you're ready to either upgrade, or build/buy a new system for it.

Personally, I love the tripple monitor 5760x1200 setup that I have now. I hate when my kids get fingerprints on my monitors. I don't see touch being practical at all for this system.

The 10" tablet form factor is nice for touch. I'd kind of like to see maybe a 12" or 14" come out. I think as things move towards touch interfaces, larger "tablets" will come out. A slightly larger screen for a pure touch system just for having in the living room would be cool.
  • Options
    computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
    I agree with Everyone, wait til they drop in price to purchase one.
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)