Options

Does the A+ give you credit for any other exam?

1233412334 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
As I posted in the other forums. I am just trying to find out if the A+ gives you credit for towards any other exams (besides microsoft). Trying to make the most of what I already have..that is just my character. :D

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    I haven't found any info saying this was true.

But, subscribed, so I know for sure.
  • Options
    Devilry wrote: »
    I haven't found any info saying this was true.

But, subscribed, so I know for sure.

huh? :)
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You might want to check out this site: Electronics technician certification rollovers: ETA International

A + & N+ rollover to CST & CNST.
  • Options
    You might want to check out this site: Electronics technician certification rollovers: ETA International

I will do so, I am an electronic technician already. Would be interesting to see this.

Thanks!
  • Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    12334 wrote: »
    As I posted in the other forums. I am just trying to find out if the A+ gives you credit for towards any other exams (besides microsoft). Trying to make the most of what I already have..that is just my character. :D

Thanks!

Not sure of other certifications, but WGU will give you college credit towards a Bachelors degree. ;)
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□

Thanks!

A+ certification counts as half a course toward your MCSA or MCSE line up. It must be coupled with Network+ for full credit.

Systems Administrator| MCSA | Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
    -Daniel
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588

Thanks!

Except for the earlier MCSA/MCSE certifications, I don't know of any other places where the A+ gives you credit.

However, your Security+ certification does give you credit for the (ISC)2 CISSP security certification if choose to pursue that route. Instead of five years experience, you only need four years of experience. https://www.isc2.org/credential_waiver/Default.aspx.

HTH,

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□

I remember years ago when that started. At the time I rolled over my A+/Net+ to get both the CST and CNST but now they are expired. Did anyone ever find any value in the CST or CNST? I am not trying to bash the certifications but unfortunately I found no value in them.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2