Passed CCNA!

schmalz2schmalz2 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Posting my experience for encouragement for those who are nervous about the exam or have failed the exam. I was very stressed out. Make sure you know all of the info, not just skim across some subjects because the one section that is skimmed over can be the determining factor of weather you pass or not. I failed the ICND2 twice (I hate admitting that icon_redface.gif but it happens and I didn't give up). I failed by maybe one question the second time. I had two questions of the tiny bit of material I skimmed over. I look at failing twice as I now know the material much better. You'd be surprised at how much info you thought you knew but when re-studying after a fail you realize there is A LOT more to the concept than you thought.

Study material:
Todd Lammel's CCENT and the CCNA books
Wendell Odom books
CBT Nuggets
Packet Tracer

CCNA Portable Command Guide <-- I highly recommend this because it is great when you need a quick reference

Never give up!! :D

Comments

• ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Great determination. Now go rest this weekend.icon_thumright.gif:)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

• schmalz2schmalz2 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    alan2308 wrote: »
    Congrats! Whats next?

I'm working on my resume and hoping someone will give me a chance since my only experience is school classes, self-taught knowledge, and the CCNA cert. I'm going to start studying for the CCNP Router exam. I haven't looked much into it but I was wondering what the design part of Cisco is about.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great news! Awesome determination to continue working hard and passing the exam.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and way to stick with it! Also, thanks for posting the materials used!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!
    alan2308 wrote: »
    Congrats! Whats next?

lots of beer ?
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • schmalz2schmalz2 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    alxx wrote: »