Options

Exam Vouchers

Hey all,

Was looking to book my 70 680 and was wondering if it is worth getting a voucher? I see a site called ITexamvouchers.com and they offer a single shot at 139 or a free retake at 180. Was wondering if this site is legit, how it works when booking thru prometric's website, and if it is worth getting the free retake. I don't have a high degree of confidence I will pass the first time, but would hate to waste 35 bucks on an exam I didn't need.

Asking for some advice. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I bought mine off of ebay for $124 and it came with a free second shot! I just cashed it in for my 70-682 exam send me an IM first time I ever purchased an exam off eBay and man I'll be going back to this seller every time.
  • Options
    parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    I am not sure I would have thought of ebay, I don't really trust getting stuff online there, seems too easy to defraud someone. Did you register thru Prometric and just punch in some sort of code to get the discount?
  • Options
    wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I thought the same way the seller in question I bought from had a 99.8% rating and had been selling for awhile. When signing up yesterday the crossed my mind "here goes nothing" when I entered the voucher code.

I also know Tech Exams partnered with Discount Test Vouchers for A+ Certification Microsoft Certification from GetCertify4Less and they offer second shot as well for $175 and for extra money you can purchase Transcender study materials. Good luck on finding a voucher :)
  • Options
    I looked at certify for less, but did not see a second shot retake option. Do you have a more direct link?
  • Options
    As an update, I bought a voucher from ITexams.com for 180 with a second shot option. The code has worked on my first attempt, hopefully I won't need the second.
  • Options
    keen123keen123 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

We are buying lot of vouchers from vouchers4exam.com for our institution. No problem in last 1 yr.
  • Options
    universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    i got my comptia, itil and MS vouchers off ebay. only had 1 problem and that was with the ITIL voucher. the seller gave out the same number twice, but he quickly corrected the problem and also gave me a partial refund for my headache of having to reschedule the exam due to the issue.

the best deal i have found so far was for an MS voucher for $85. I am using this for my 70-680 exam and I am not planning on needing a second shot option!

look for the MS voucher with the second shot option directly from MS when they have their specials (last time was in June IIRC). recently they had a special on a pack of vouchers for their virtualization track that gives you a discount if you buy all the vouchers at once. I put in for the discount, but am waiting to pay for it until the last minute before the offer expires.

your goole fu will help out and always check each seller , whether on ebay or the www to see if they are legit.
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green
  • Options
    zdqzdq Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Strangely I noticed that only MS vouchers on vouchers4exam website have good prices ($65-68 for a single shot Microsoft exam) while other sites mentioned in this thread have prices well above $100 ... check this example:
    MICROSOFT PROMETRIC EXAM VOUCHER 100% WORLDWIDE,SINGLE SHOT - voucher price 68 USD
    Discount Microsoft Single Shot Certification Exam Vouchers - voucher price 139.95 USD (they don't offer international vouchers)
    Discount microsoft certifications exam vouchers Euro from GetCertify4Less.com - voucher price 180 USD

When I try to register for MS 70-680 exam via Prometric website the price is 100 USD ;)
    So it's cheaper for me to go straight via Prometric icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    If you have a student ID, take the Microsoft 72 series exams. They are the exact same tests but at a student discount. I even called WGU and checked to see if it would transfer the same. Admittedly, she said that she had never heard of the 72 series of exams but, she said that all she sees when she request the transcript from MS is the last three digits of the test number. So if you take a 70-680, 72-680 or 73-680, it all counts the same.

I just regestered for the 72-680 through Prometric for $83. It does say that you have to present your student ID at the testing center but I will find out on Thursday if that is true. Not all tests are offered at with a student discount and the discount percent is different in different countries.

In the US, the 70 series is $150, the 72 series is $83 and the 73 series is $72, but you have to have a voucher number from your Microsoft IT Academy to take the 73 series.

I'm pretty sure I will be able to do all the tests for the MCITP:EA cert at that price.

I'm happy with $83 and I'm not even going to bother with looking for something cheaper.

I have my student ID from WGU, even though I haven't paid them anything and haven't started yet. I wish that there was a student discount price for TechNet subscriptions.
  • Options
    stiltnerstiltner Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    zdq wrote: »
    Strangely I noticed that only MS vouchers on
    vouchers4exam website have good prices ($65-68 for a single shot Microsoft exam)

*** UPDATE 12/27/11****

The voucher I bought went through fine, no worries. No issues at the testing center. So for that
    price, I'll take MS tests all day long and fire arrows into the sky.

I was hesitant about this website. Its poorly done, and very 1998 in terms of quality.
    There was some misspelled words and other things that smell bad to me.

But, I took the leap and figured if they don't get me a valid cert # to use I'll just dispute through
    Paypal and get my $ back.

I ordered last night, and this morning I had an e-mail with a code that expires on 12/31/11. I figured
    no worry I was gonna book the exam for the 27th. I went to Prometric's website directly, scheduled
    my exam and put the code in they gave me.

$150 Exam cost
    - $150 Discount from the code

$0 balance owed after I input their Voucher #.

So, it works. Now, if I'm going to have an issue when I get onsite I don't know that just yet, but so
    far so good. 70-680 is booked with a 2nd shot option if need be for about 50% off. Hard to pass that
    up and thats why I leaped on the option. I'll update if I have any issues