Passed my CIW exam

TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
Well I took the CIW Web Foundations Associate exam this morning. It's a fairly easy exam and it's the test for one of my WGU courses so I'm glad it's done. Now on to Security+, woo-hoo!
Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
B.S: IT - Network Design & Management

Comments

• whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass! Anything used to prep? Just the WGU course?
    Good luck on Security +!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well I took the CIW Web Foundations Associate exam this morning. It's a fairly easy exam and it's the test for one of my WGU courses so I'm glad it's done. Now on to Security+, woo-hoo!

Awesome job! Keep up the momentum, I found security + interesting.

Keep us posted on your progress!
  • TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks guys! I just used the WGU learning resources, they were fairly complete. I had my choice of 201 or 301 for Security+, I'm going to go with 201. I'm seeing what's availible in books 24x7 right now as well as using the WGU learning resources.
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks guys! I just used the WGU learning resources, they were fairly complete. I had my choice of 201 or 301 for Security+, I'm going to go with 201. I'm seeing what's availible in books 24x7 right now as well as using the WGU learning resources.

I went with 201 and it wasn't that bad as far as the difficulty.

You are loading up on the certifications Tom!

Good luck!
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■

Just read Darril Gibson's Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead book. The best $9.99 you can spend on Amazon. You will definitely pass after you read the book and go through all of the exam questions (taking the assessment exam is optional...just start from chapter 1 and work your way up...very enjoyable read.)

Good luck in your studies.
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□

Congrats on the pass!!!! icon_thumright.gif

I was currently studying for the same exam. Will probably sit it the end of this month. I was looking for some additional study materials, just been studying since mid last
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda