Options

need help to shape up my resume before interview

keeranbrikeeranbri Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone can help me possibly re-edit my resume, add or delete some words, proofread, whatever it takes to have a good well balanced resume. I have a interview this coming tuesday for a Technical support Rep (IP) at comcast and I was advised in this forum to post my resume over the weekend which is a good idea to get some good feedback.

About myself: I graduated with a BS degree in technical management with a concentration in computer networking. However, I have had not any internships or IT job related experience since I was going to school and after and I graduated in 2009. However, while I was going to school, I have my full time job that I am currently at right now and never left, but I work in a call center environment being a debt collector so that isn't really IT experience, just the customer service experience. However, my ideal plan is to first get my foot in the door to do help desk support which this job pretty much is.

The only experience I basically have is just personal and at school doing labs, which I don't really remember much because I have not had much hands on ever since. What do I put on my resume to make it stand out for those managers on Tuesday, but I wante to make sure that I give them a good first impression.

Here is my Resume below. Any help would be great.

OBJECTIVE

To secure a career in a technical support role in a reputed organization, which appreciates professional approach and hard work, where I can utilize my knowledge, various skills & dedication in contribution towards fulfilling the company’s growth objectives, develop my career and excel in the related field. SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE

Ø 4 years working in a fast paced call center environmentØ Capable of offering excellent customer care excellence within high-volume environment Ø Capable of multitasking and handling multiple applications at one time.Ø Capable of troubleshooting wireless/wired internet connections through extensive lab workØ Capable of upgrading computer software, hardware and antivirus software.CAREER HISTORY

Current Employer :
Production : Global Business Process Outsourcing
Position : Senior Agent
Period of Service : December 2006 till present
Assignments : Reviews and takes appropriate action on all calls and correspondence received from clients, debtors, and customer care via email and phone.
: Enter events and comments into database for confirming letters to debtors on arrangements, status reports, etc.
: Clarify problems or issues presented by Customers and escalate to the correct department
: Provide information; arrange payments and follow-up payment plans to assure settlement of accounts on client’s behalf.

Employer :
Position Held : Claims Processor
Period of Service : March 2004 to March 2006
Assignments : Conducted and verified end of month batch accuracy and total costs.
: Accurately process loan policies that included liabilities, premiums and endorsements.
: Enter and code policy sheets into mainframe system to ensure proper documentation.
: Make strategic decision plans that brings in more revenue for the company
ACEDEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS

Bachelor of Science in Technology : Devry University – Cum Laude Graduate
Associate in Applied Science : College of Dupage
Computer Knowledge : Windows 7, XP, Vista, Microsoft Word, Excel, Basic Software/Hardware upgrade
Certificate of Achievement : A+ Certification pending

CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS

Employee of month for 4th Quarter from Receivable Management Service
Selected to transition into a higher seniority stage of collections

PERSONAL STRENGTHS

Friendly and easy going with people, keen observer, fast learner, able trainer & good listener

Comments

• Options
    sambuca69sambuca69 Member Posts: 262
    For starters, you'd probably be better off removing your real name and names of the companies you work for here, present and past, IMO
  • Options
    KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    keeranbri wrote: »

Bachelor of Science in Technology : Devry University – Cum Laude Graduate

Associate in Applied Science : College of Dupage
    Computer Knowledge : Windows 7, XP, Vista, Microsoft Word, Excel, Basic Software/Hardware upgrade
    Certificate of Achievement : A+ Certification pending

You all ready stand out, if this the position I believe it to be (I lived in Salt Lake City where a Comcast Call center is located know a few people who work(ed) there) then your education plus your cs experience is plenty.

I am not the best at rewriting, and my ex-wife did my resume icon_redface.gif
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book