Options

It's my time: Mrock's CCIE thread

Comments

• Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Threw a post on my blog (see link in signature) with some last minute thoughts on the lab. Did some documentation review, going to eat a very light dinner (I ate a late lunch), then get to bed EARLY, so I can get plenty of sleep and wake up early and have plenty of time to get ready in the morning. I'm checking out of the hotel in the morning, so I need to allocate a bit more time for that.

All things considered, I think I am ready for this. Cautiously ready. See you guys on the other side! I will post tomorrow evening to let everyone know how it went!
  • Options
    aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well today is the day. I'll be checking back this evening!!
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Troubleshooting section should be just about over depending on when they started. :)
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looking fwd to seeing your number!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Does he get his CCIE number today (when he passes, of course), or does he have to wait to find out?
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    It depends on who ends up grading your exam. Best case scenario for RTP test taker is a San Jose proctor grades it. If they don't have time, the next available site would be Sydney, Australia. When he finishes at around 4PM today, it will be 6AM in Sydney. If he gets a grade this evening, it was graded by SJ. If he gets it in the dead of night, it was probably Sydney.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Man that is brutal... and I thought CISSP and CISA were bad - they may take (or took, in the case of the CISSP) longer to grade but the effort for those, compared to a CCIE... damn. I could probably be convinced to pick up rapid-fire chainsmoking very quickly if that were me. (And I don't smoke!)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Fingers crossed for MRock. I'm hoping he gets out and knows fairly quickly before collapsing in bed
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    We're rooting for you.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's 4.30am here in Sydney atm, I'll ensure the proctor gives him a pass when he grades them exams in the morning icon_smile.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    We're rooting for you.

Surely you mean..... routing...
  • Options
    You guys are hilarious! All done! I'll do a more detailed recap, but I am currently at the Raleigh airport getting some food and relaxing. I wasn't nervous until I actually got into the Cisco lobby today, but once the test started I zoned in and said to myself "just like work" - and didn't lift my eyes from the screen until lunchtime. TS went fast, I finished in just a tiny bit over an hour. That was the plan, so that gave me more time for the config portion. I finished IGP/BGP/MPLS by noon thanks to that extra hour. Came back from lunch and flew through the rest of the lab in about 1.5 hours. Took an hour to review the lab, run TCLs (ran them prior to lunch) again, and double-check my work. Found 7 points worth of mistakes. Fixed those, ran through it again, found nothing. Ran through it a third time, and didn't find anything, so I finished about 45 minutes early. I told myself if I finished early I'd stay, but I looked over it so much that I felt like if I was off, it wasn't a mistake..but rather a complete misunderstanding of the requirements.

That being said, I feel good about my attempt, and anxiously await some (hopefully) good news! Now the torture begins!
  • Options
    powmiapowmia Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 322
    Awesome stuff. Let us know when you wake up w/ your results. icon_bounce.gif
  • Options
    sides14sides14 Member Posts: 113
    Nice. It sounds like the preparation was spot on. Good luck.
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Looking forward to seeing your number ;)
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    reaper81 wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing your number ;)

Don't jinx me! :) I'm sure you know how it is right now. I am on pins and needles waiting for some kind of news. It is torture to think it could be another 12 hours until I hear something!

Edit: Proof my brain is fried..I said "it is torture" twice in my last 2 posts..oh well..
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like a you put in a great effort, hopefully you get news soon.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    Down a few shots of Scotch, that'll take care of the anxiety.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Who else is refreshing this thread and/or setting up some kind of notification? LOL. :D
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    I have had this page open for hours!

I thought the wait for the VCAP's was bad, this is inhumane!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    Unfortunately, while on my last flight, I thought of something I encountered in the TS section which I did, that MAY have violated a restriction. I hope it didn't..but, I really don't know. It's hard to explain without explaining the ticket, but I guess we'll see what happens. What concerns me is there was another ticket which I got working, but had a little quirk to it- and I probably should have stuck with it and kept going, but I was satisfied with the fact it was working, and moved on. We'll see, I hope I am analyzing it too much. If I failed by one ticket on the TS I am going to be really ticked.
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    I thought the wait for the VCAP's was bad, this is inhumane!

I thought the CISSP was bad- I waited 15 days, I think, for that- but to be honest, I didn't even WANT the CISSP- it was a work requirement. Still, it was an extremely difficult exam and I waited anxiously for 15 days. I had pretty much written it off when I got my "pass" email.

But, the CCIE means a lot more to me, and there's a lot more on the line here, so these X hours I spend waiting feel like a month!
  • Options
    Your overthinking it Mike, it's human nature! Like I said locate a bottle of scotch, skull a few shots and all will be well...
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, while on my last flight, I thought of something I encountered in the TS section which I did, that MAY have violated a restriction. I hope it didn't..but, I really don't know. It's hard to explain without explaining the ticket, but I guess we'll see what happens. What concerns me is there was another ticket which I got working, but had a little quirk to it- and I probably should have stuck with it and kept going, but I was satisfied with the fact it was working, and moved on. We'll see, I hope I am analyzing it too much. If I failed by one ticket on the TS I am going to be really ticked.
    Now you've got me all curious. :)
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 891 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I guess were shooting the ish until Mike gets his results but I can't believe we're comparing the CISSP/CISA or VMware design to the CCIE.

Mike, I've kept the thread open on my iPad to check on your results. As a fellow Floridian and service member, I'm rooting for you.
  • Options
    Nah not comparing the exams, just the wait, that's all.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    Keep hitting refreshon this page and your blog. :)
  • Options
    carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think we are all on pins and needles waiting for your results. I fully expected to wake up this morning to your good news. Just a little longer.....
This discussion has been closed.