Options

It's my time: Mrock's CCIE thread

Comments

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mrock, my newborn has consumed the last few weeks of my lfe, but I just got up to speed with your progress. Albeit late I wish you the best of luck and really looking forward to your results and your thoughts.

godspeed!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CCIE #40339!!!!!!!!!!! Will post more after I sleep!!
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    DA MAN!!! Happy for ya!!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    HUGE CONGRATS!!! Well deserved. Looking forward to your review on your experience!!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's awesome, congratulations.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Absolutely outstanding. Very well done indeed!!
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 891 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats, Mike on your amazing accomplishment. I hope this opens doors and adds 0s to dollar signs.

It's really a testament of hard work. And TE has definitely become a community with some esteemed networkers (you, Rakeem, Zartan, etc).

Can't wait to hear your tips to success. I'm sure it would help others.
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    CCIE #40339!!!!!!!!!!! Will post more after I sleep!!

Sweet! Welcome to the club! :) I had my doubts a couple of years ago but the way you've been studying now you've showed ambition and discipline and to get it done in one try is very impressive :)
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hell yeah man congrats!!!
  • Options
    He has certainly thrown the gauntlet down.

I'm comin' after ya's! :D
  • Options
    carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh yeah! Happy dance for sure. Way to go man! Superb!
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice work. I figured it was a pass based on how you described your experience. Now you get access to the super secret CCIE rooms at strip clubs. :)
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    Nice work. I figured it was a pass based on how you described your experience. Now you get access to the super secret CCIE rooms at strip clubs. :)

Probably a bathroom. Strippers only like rappers, famous people or rich foreigns who make it rain, typhoon or monsoon in the place.

But, he's definitely got access to the CCIE lounge at Cisco Live and can buy those cool t-shirts and swag.
  • Options
    datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Enjoyed following your progress!
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I knew it would be a pass.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options

I felt like I passed when I left but I questioned a lot after I left- as you saw! I still wonder whether or not I got the ticket in question, but I guess it doesn't matter! It still bothers me! Oh well..I'd rather have the # then a breakdown of my scores, if you get my drift!!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I wish everyone the absolute best in your endeavors- no matter what certification it is you're chasing after. As for me, I am going to relax a couple of days, and plot my next move!
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesome job!!! Congratulations!!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I look forward to the next thread you start for your second CCIE :P
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Amazing! Congratulations

Don't mind sharing your next goals, it's been an enlightening journey reading your thread.
  • Options
    Thanks! I am glad someone enjoyed this journey, and hopefully got something out of it!

Iris..it will be up sooner than later, I just have to decide where to go! The funny thing (and great thing) about changing focus, is I am reminded of how much I don't know!
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I would recommend checking out the unofficial CCIE numbers here: Worldwide Cisco CCIE Count - BradReeseCom

and seeing what's marketable, what is lacking, and compare that to what's interesting for you
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    I would recommend checking out the unofficial CCIE numbers here: Worldwide Cisco CCIE Count - BradReeseCom

and seeing what's marketable, what is lacking, and compare that to what's interesting for you

Did that at 3am (30 minutes after I got my results) :) Apparently R&S/Wireless is rare (they don't have statistics listed)..but we'll see. I want to be marketable, but I also want to get certified in something I've worked with, not just be a lab CCIE (that sounds weird)- so I'd say it looks like it'd be between SP/Security/Datacenter..even though wireless would be really cool.
  • Options
    yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, enjoy every moment of it.
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • Options
    SP would be just an extension to MPLS - it is a route I've thought about myself considering that I work in the Service Provider realm (at least for the moment)
    Security is a hot topic, I bet that will be marketable for a while to come yet.
    Data Center is pretty new, and there is a LOT of meat to those bones. Nexus Switching, learning VMWare (in essence) AND Storage Networking? Be a real sponge that is able to absorb that one :D
    Wireless isn't really my bag, but people love mobility.... Can't say I've heard of too many Wireless CCIE's myself.
    Voice? I've always had a soft spot for Voice. I just find Telephony, cool as beans. I'd love to do that.
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    MRock:

Big congrats. :)

You really put a lot of time and effort into this, and it is quite refreshing to see that it paid off.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    gorebrush wrote: »
    SP would be just an extension to MPLS - it is a route I've thought about myself considering that I work in the Service Provider realm (at least for the moment)
    Security is a hot topic, I bet that will be marketable for a while to come yet.
    Data Center is pretty new, and there is a LOT of meat to those bones. Nexus Switching, learning VMWare (in essence) AND Storage Networking? Be a real sponge that is able to absorb that one :D
    Wireless isn't really my bag, but people love mobility.... Can't say I've heard of too many Wireless CCIE's myself.
    Voice? I've always had a soft spot for Voice. I just find Telephony, cool as beans. I'd love to do that.

In his case, I think due to the type of environment he works in, I can see him pursuing Data Center, SP and lesser extent Security.

Unified Communications and Wireless are good if you delve into those technologies on a daily basis or have access to a lab (though you can always rack rental).

No one has asked this, but were a lot of the fees covered by your employer (lab fees, travel, hotel and the INE boot camp)?
  • Options
    Everything was covered by my employer except for my lab, and books (which I bought prior to joining my company). My work paid for the INE bootcamp but I could have passed without it..it was not really necessary. For my second IE I won't be attending a bootcamp more than likely.
  • Options
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Everything was covered by my employer except for my lab, and books (which I bought prior to joining my company). My work paid for the INE bootcamp but I could have passed without it..it was not really necessary. For my second IE I won't be attending a bootcamp more than likely.

Didn't you also build a lab for the exam?

And I got my job to pay for the 10-day INE class along with the lab voucher. I plan on going twice. The first time just to dip my feet. And the second time for real. You're like why? Well, I PCS from here next year, so if I have to go back to the good 'Ol Corps, they probably won't pay for the training.

And is the reason they paid for it due to being a gold, silver or whatever partner? And out of the SP, UC, SEC, DC, which do you actually work with?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.