Options

Android help needed.

Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
My Android won't let me download apps from the market. When I try, I get this error message "Error downloading, there is insufficient space on the device." I have a 2GB memory stick.

Are there any administrator privileges settings that must changed?

Any advice would help.
:study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]

Comments

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    check and see if the apps are being downloaded to the card not the internal storage, you may have to remove a few and get an app called app2sd
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd&feature=search_result
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    Good program, but I have so little internal memory (200 MB)icon_cry.gif Do you know of a program that can download stuff from the market place straight to memory card?
  • Options
    computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
    Your android doesn't give you an option to download the app to your phone or the memory stick?
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)
  • Options
    Your android doesn't give you an option to download the app to your phone or the memory stick?

When I download small files it works, but only goes straight to the phone internal memory. I haven't seen an option so far that would allow me to download it straight to the memory card. The phone does allow me move programs to the memory card after they are installed on the phone internal memory first.

The model is Samsung Admire.

Samsung Admire
  • Options
    computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
    Maybe there is an option under settings that you can change so by default files get save on the memory stick.
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)
  • Options
    DigitalZeroOneDigitalZeroOne Member Posts: 234 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Your best option, and I believe it's based on the version of android that you are using is to move existing apps to USB storage. Your menu may vary slightly, but from the home screen, select menu > settings > Applications > Manage applications, then choose downloaded. You will see your applications, select one and if your version and the app support it, you will have the option to move it to USB storage.

I have a Nexus S so it's vanilla android, so the way I am getting to my menu may differ from yours. I don't know of any direct way to download an app and install straight to USB (sd card).