Options

Job Fair in Minnesota This Monday Sept 19.

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
I have talked to a few local Minnesota TE members about how to find employment in IT, and I know it’s tough to start out. I found a link via my linked to a Jobs fair this Monday. I know its short noticed, but give it some thought, since there will be some employers representing the technology sector. I know for sure I will be attending this job fair.

Congressman John Kline : Press Releases : John Kline to Host Career & Jobs Fair Sept. 19 at Eagan Community Center

Job Fair in Minnesota This Monday Sept 19.

Looks like some IT jobs will be represented at this job fair.

Scheduled to attend Kline’s career and jobs fair are several dozen private-sector employers who currently have job openings in a wide variety of fields including the health care, technology, financial, and retail industries. Employment assistance organizations and a variety of educational institutions are also scheduled to attend. The fair also includes breakout sessions focusing on interview skills, effective resume writing, and other tips for job seekers. Last year, more than 750 Minnesotans attended Kline’s Career and Jobs Fair.
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    There are TE members from Minnesota? Who?! I'm from Minnesota too!
  • Options
    unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm from MN, currently working as a Network Engineer in Minneapolis. The director is trying to get rid of one of our tech support/help desk guys so when it does happen I'll throw a post up on here to let you all know.
    Preparing for CCIE Written
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I will be from Minnesota in less than a month. Sadly I will miss the job fair, but I will there in spirit ;)

In all seriousness there seems to be a lot of people form Minnesota especially the St. Paul and Minneapolis area. (obviously more population) :)
  • Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    N2IT, so that thread about your wife being offered a job, it was here in MN? Cool! I don't think you'll have a problem finding a job here as the job market is pretty good.
    I'm from MN, currently working as a Network Engineer in Minneapolis.

I'm also working in Minneapolis...in the uptown area
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    pham0329 wrote: »
    N2IT, so that thread about your wife being offered a job, it was here in MN? Cool! I don't think you'll have a problem finding a job here as the job market is pretty good.

I'm also working in Minneapolis...in the uptown area

Yes sir!

From Missouri to Minnesota
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm in MN, just not the Twin Cities. :)
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    Central MN for me, Northwest of the Twin Cities. If I didn't have a job I'd be all over this. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    CenturionMarioCenturionMario Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wouldn't have been able to make it. I don't think buses go there (and if they do, it probably takes an hour or 2 to get there).