Options

Jack of all trades, master of none

2»

Comments

• Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    unclerico wrote: »
    One thing you are leaving out of this is one of the biggest issues that plagues us in IT probably more than any other industry: EGO. I'm sure one or two (or more) of the SMEs didn't want to admit that he or she is wrong, or that the other person had an idea that better solved the issue at hand. Whenever I get asked for advice from an up and comer I ALWAYS tell them the biggest obstacle for you to learn is your own ego. I don't care if you've got 1 year or 20 years of experience, there are always opportunities to learn from someone else.

I know... it's pretty tough... I am tired of these people not realizing that I am always right! ;)
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    powerfool wrote: »
    I know... it's pretty tough... I am tired of these people not realizing that I am always right! ;)

Lol, exactly!
    Preparing for CCIE Written
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    May I recommend Spiceworks? Sure the tech sees some ads but the users don't and it's free.

Know of it. But ticketing doesn't make a lot of sense for my situation. I have maybe 20 full time staff that I support...and maybe 15 part time. I manage just fine. ;)

I originally had some issues getting Spiceworks to work. Should re-visit that someday. I have about 20 projects (short term, long term, research, etc) on the list at the moment.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???