Exam 70-659: Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization Jump Start

alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
just wondering if anyone has attended one of these before for any MS exam and if it was worthwhile?

Microsoft Certified Community Connection Registration

Comments

• jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Never done so myself, but considering it includes an exam voucher for $99 - you got nothing to lose .. not sure about $$$ prices - but isn't the exam normally $125 on its own already ?
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    I believe exam prices are $150 now.

I've never taken one of these Jump Starts but considering it saves you money you might as well give it a try and report back!
  • alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    well i attended this and i wasn't overly impressed. The instructors were fine but the video just kept buffering the whole time. It would play for 30 secs then buffer and it would just be like that throughout the whole thing. Many other people were having the same issue. Thankfully Microsoft will be making it all available for download soon. Considering i had to wake up at 2am to attend it was a bit of a let down. Fortunately i wont be sitting the exam for some time.
  • XeeNXeeN Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can you register, not attend, wait for a download link, then go through it in your own time, and schedule the test after that? Is there any other way to just get access to the recorded training?
  • alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    XeeN wrote: »
    Can you register, not attend, wait for a download link, then go through it in your own time, and schedule the test after that? Is there any other way to just get access to the recorded training?

You should be able to. They are going to be running this again a few more times with some different time slots:

Microsoft Certified Community Connection Registration
  • Fugazi1000Fugazi1000 Member Posts: 145
    On the basis that it's a cheap exam voucher - I have registered. They email the exam voucher a day before the scheduled 'online' training session.

One thing I did notice, there was no SSL protection whilst entering CC information! It looks like M$ have farmed out to another company who don't seem to have ticked all the right boxes!
  • DThomassenDThomassen Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I asked Microsoft about the lack of SSL while entering the card information - it is protected, but pooorly presented. The entry is done in a frame which was secured. The Born to Learn team also provided the direct link to avoid the apparent issue.Jump Start: Exam 70-659: Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization - Register NOW! - Microsoft Certified Career Conference - Blog - Microsoft Certified Career Conference - Born to Learn
  • MrBretonMrBreton Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    alokin123 wrote: »
    well i attended this and i wasn't overly impressed. The instructors were fine but the video just kept buffering the whole time. It would play for 30 secs then buffer and it would just be like that throughout the whole thing. Many other people were having the same issue. Thankfully Microsoft will be making it all available for download soon. Considering i had to wake up at 2am to attend it was a bit of a let down. Fortunately i wont be sitting the exam for some time.

I'm registered for this weeks class and in my studying found I really enjoy pausing to take notes. I hope they allow me to download as well.

Kinda bummed I paid for this with the thought of it as a discounted exam, only to find out they are now offering the exam for free.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Im registered for todays class. Where did you see that the exam is free? I havent seen that anywhere.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Im registered for todays class. Where did you see that the exam is free? I havent seen that anywhere.

He may be referring to the Virtualization Challenge. I called MS and they told me all vouchers have been given and offer is now over. If someone heard otherwise let me know.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/virtualization/72688-free-70-659-a.html