Options

2012 Certification Plans

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You've got it.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    I've completely slacked this year on all studying. I'd like to get 70-686 and maybe 70-640 done to make up for it.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    lol Im completely behind on my schedule...
    meh
  • Options
    FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    Already done with What I planned to do this year.. Think I'll study CCNA or Python until Oct when I should start reviewing for CRISC~
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Looks like VCAP5-DCA will have to wait until next year. I'll need to squeeze in Citrix XenDesktop 5, XenApp 6.5, and Cisco 642-993.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Revised list

Completed: CCENT, CCNA

In progress: CCNA: Security

Up next: GSEC
  • Options
    sharkezosharkezo Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    these the certs. i'm aiming at for 2012
    CCNA
    Linux+
    Security+
  • Options
    StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
    Newbie here, However my 2012 goals for what is left of the year is to start to study towards CCNA and try and complete CCENT before the close of this year. I have also managed to complete and graduate from my Computer Science degree this year.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    2012:
    - CCNA Voice
    - Sec+
    - soft skills
  • Options
    Natedog010Natedog010 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here are my goals for 2012:

- CompTIA A+ (2012)

For 2013:

- Network+
    - Server+
  • Options
    AnthonyFAnthonyF Member Posts: 109
    OCT 2012
    GLEG
    ISSMP

DEC 2012
    GCFE
    Complete GB Project

GCIH
    GCIA
    GCFA
    CISM
  • Options
    InfantryRaiderInfantryRaider Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I currently am working on setting my goals and am appreciating yall for writing yours out as some inspiration!
  • Options
    umarbhattiumarbhatti Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I might as well add something here
    Goals for 2012
    - ITIL Foundations (completed)
    - CCNA 640-802 (In progress)
    - Win 7 (depends on how i go with my CCNA)

Goals for
    - Win 7
    - Citrix 6.5
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think after I pass the ICND2 (very confident I'll pass, just trying to find time to take the test, the center is over 100 miles from where I live), I will take the JNCIA certification. After that I will either go on to pursue the CCNA:Voice or perhaps the CCNP track.

Rumor has it that my company is in a bit of financial crisis. I'm trying to knuckle down and get all of my certifications out of the way. I've heard that we'll be closing down a lot of our branch offices within the next 2 years. I honestly hope that's the case.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How is everyone doing with their goals for 2012?
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not great. I had some sort of delusion that working a full-time job, going to school for 7-11 credits a semester, and moving were somehow going to afford me time to study for certifications. I had hoped to complete MCITP:EA, ITIL F, and possibly CCNA this year. I'm on the fence about whether to give up on 70-643 and move on. At least I'm getting my degree. Hopefully it's going better for everyone else.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    For me, things have been going terribly on the certification-front. I had a couple of setbacks early in the year, but it's been all the things that have been working in my favor that's really thrown a wrench in the works for my studies. I recently got a new job, and with that, I managed to find the motivation to get back to the gym a few nights a week. While I'm trying to fall into the rhythm and figure out where my extra time goes, I can't seem to get any studying done.

Hopefully, I can get over that "new job smell" and carve out some time to study starting next week. I would love nothing more than to put the cherry on my 70-648 studies so I can knock it out, then move on to 70-646 and 70-417. If I can round out the year with my MCSA Windows Server 2008 and then 2012, I'll be a happy camper.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Here, I actually have gone up and down with the goals... Started 2012 studying for CCNP hardcore, then changed jobs. With the job change came Juniper... Thus, I stopped CCNP and went into some Juniper stuff getting JNCIA-Junos and JNCIS-Sec.

At this point I didn't think I could finish my CCNP in 2012 and set the date for March 2013 to be done. After passing the route exam i realized that I have the motivation to just punch out the Switch and Tshoot in the same day. So I have Switch & Tshoot scheduled for the end of November. If all goes well, I will reach my goal of CCNP (Plus the additional Juniper certs that I kind of randomly threw in there).
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This is what I was planning on doing:

VCP5
    MCITP:SA
    MCITP:EA
    Further up ITIL

This is what I actually did or will do:

VCP5
    EMCISA
    VCAP5-DCD
    VCP5-DT
    VCAP5-DCA
    DCUCD
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    AnthonyFAnthonyF Member Posts: 109
    Kopite_21 wrote: »
    How is everyone doing with their goals for 2012?

Almost there! Passed GLEG and ISSMP. Now if I could the pilot done in a reasonable time for my GB Project I would be set.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I am taking my CCNA Security this Saturday. I feel EXTREMELY strong in passing it. Then it's onto the CCNA Voice before the end of the year which is another one I feel very confident about
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I am taking my CCNA Security this Saturday. I feel EXTREMELY strong in passing it. Then it's onto the CCNA Voice before the end of the year which is another one I feel very confident about

Good luck Iris!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've not really done well this year, only managed now to book my A+ and that is not until December. Had a really difficult year...
  • Options
    Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    My goal I think is rather simple. I passed my ICND1 not to long ago and want to have my CCNA by the end of the year. We'll see how that goes :)
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My Plan is to get 1 cert. I dont care what it is. Now it would require studying which i dont have a lot of time for and am to tired for now days because of my 9 month old son and work.

I actually attained my goal this year when I passed the 70-680. It is still sad though that I only got the one cert.
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    I hope to prepare for 70-291 by the end of November, and possibly tale 70-680 to get MCSA 2003. So far this year: Network+, Server+, Security+, CCNA, 70-290. Also, finished my Bachelor's degree and found a good job. I've been pretty busy :)
  • Options
    jukemjukem Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Going to push hard to finish CCNA
    Depending on when that is done, maybe Linux+ (really want to start gaining Linux knowledge)
    “You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.”--Will Smith in the Movie: Pursuit of Happyness
  • Options
    DrackarDrackar Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have a feeling it will end up being a hit.
    To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.
    -- Kokoro by Natsume Sosek, 1914, Japan
  • Options
    Martin femiMartin femi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HELLO VINCENT....Cn see u are doing well out there. I have just started the fundamentals but having a bit of problems with them..probably, inadequate study materials..can u recommend some materials for me? I need help, u know..will appreciate it if u could ..thanks

Martin Femi
  • Options
    newmovenewmove Member Posts: 108
    I think I have done fairly Ok this year by getting CISA and PRINCE2 out of the way. By Dec/Jan 2013, I will see what direction to gravitate to next.