Options

2012 Certification Plans

Comments

• Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nearly gave up on the PMP... then I got a resurgence and it has sort of taken over my life. I am also strongly weighing ITIL v3 Foundations. Still have 70-662 to complete and VCP, though.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Once I finish the 70-680 at the end of June, i'll be done with WGU. Plan on taking a little bit of time off and then starting in on the ICND2 to finish out my CCNA. Will be getting my Sonicwall cert through work this week, for whatever that's worth. Will probably start delving into a Linux cert to finish out the year.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    spicy ahi wrote: »
    I had to hit the ground running when I received my 90 day CCNA expiration notice. I was working on CCNP Route but didn't have the confidence (curse you BGP!!!) that I'd be able to complete it in time. I've been doing security oriented work with Cisco devices and just started a new job as a Security Administrator so I'm working on CCNA Security to renew. After that, it really depends on how far away the next local CISSP test is (being in Hawaii, it's kinda tough to pick up and go to a test in another state) If it's too far away, like Q3 or Q4 of 2012, then I'll probably work on completing my MCSA and upgrading it to MCITP:SA. Otherwise, it's CISSP. Either way, I hope to be back on the CCNP track and have one or two tests done by the end of the year.

Mid year update: I passed the CCNA:Security and just recently passed the CISSP so I've met my unlikely estimate mid year goals. I thought I was going to be knee deep in CISSP until at least August. I tried to follow through and pick up the 70-291 to finish off the MCSA but it's just not catching my interest at the moment. I'll preview some of my Route resources and see which one "feels" easier to learn at this time though I'm still leaning towards the beast since I'm not currently doing CCNP level work...
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
    I'm LPIC-1 LPIC-2 LPIC-3 Core Certified since january 2012, my goal is to get RHCSA by the end of the year and RHCE next year.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Looks like it's now CCNA Security and a Java cert this year, if I'm lucky.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    That's a rather diverse set of certs. Do you use Java to build management apps for network security devices?
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just VCP 5 for now, I may start working on the VCAP after this, but that remains to be soon. Part of me also wants to start on the EMCISA cred, but we'll see how things pan out over the months.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was planning on knocking out ICND2 and CCNA: Voice this year; however I've been eyeing the Wireshark Certified Network Analyst cert, and that might be my next project after ICND2
  • Options
    NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well some updates

Got already my ACMP and my MCITP: SA

Aiming now for ACSP= Aruba Certified Solution Provider

Also will aim for CWNA this year
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I may reconsider my plans for MCITP: Enterprise Administrator at this point. I'm thinking I may just do the exams for the upgrade to MCITP: SA/MCSA 2008 in the very near future then take the single MCSA 2012 exam as it becomes available, then look into the MCSE Server Infrastructure down the road.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CNNA, then CCNA-Voice, LPIC1 and 2 and maybe CCNP Route if i can make it.

The first and second one is a must.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For 2012, I'm earning one more year of experience for my CISSP. I passed the exam back in January of 2010.

I earned my OCP Java SE 6 Programmer certification back in April of this year. This year, I plan to earn the following additional certifications:

MCITP - I already passed the first of 2 exams for the Database Administration 2008 track. I might as well finish this one up.
    CCENT - I'll get this one as part of my studies for my master's at WGU.
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Add another one to the list. MCTS 70-178 Managing Project in 2010

MBA and ITIL SS, SD, CSI and MALC | PMI - RMP
  • Options
    JasonXJasonX Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Little late to the party

02/2012 - CCNA
    05/2012 - CCNA:Security

Exams for later
    ITIL Foundations
    CCNP: Route & Switch (maybe squeeze in TSHOOT)
    2016 Certification Goals:
    CCIE R/S Written: ???
    CCIE R/S Lab: ???
    Add me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-meier/38/912/280/
  • Options
    MstavridisMstavridis Member Posts: 107
    I plan on taking:
    Microsoft:
    70-685
    70-686
    70-640
    70-642
    70-646

Juniper:
    Juniper-JUNOS

CompTIA
    Linux+
    Project+

ITILv3

Cisco:
    CCNA-Voice

Also graduating with an
    AS in Network Administration in Microsoft Administration
    AS in Network Administration in Cisco telecommunications

Wow thats alot first time I wrote it all down, but I can do it!!! (Alot of money too haha)

Only thing I need to sit down and study hard for is the ITIL and Project+ as I have no knowledge of these things.
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    About half way through the year.

Completed:
    VCP5
    EMCISA

On deck:
    VCAP5-DCD
    VCP5-DT

What to do after VCP5-DT is uncertain. Obvious choice would be VCAP5-DCA. Alternative would be branching out into Hyper-V/Xen.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    MorinphenMorinphen Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    After making the decision to go from Application Support into networking my plan for this year is the following:

CompTIA Network+
    CompTIA Security+
    CCNA
  • Options
    bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got my 70-685 the Tuesday after next, after that it's:

Network+
    CCNA
    MCITP EA
    If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Finished off:

CCIP
    CCDP

Decided to skip CCNP:Sec and go for CCIE:R&S icon_smile.gif
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Completed (2012): Network+, CCENT

Remaining 2012: CCNA, CCNP ...if I have anytime Security+ and SSCP
  • Options
    antcantc Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am pretty late to reply to this thread really as we are now 6 months into the year. However, I have just had some new books delivered which has got my interest back in getting some more exams done.....

MCITP:SA - 640, 642 and 646 (2nd edition r2 books)
    Configuring Exchange Server 2010 (662)

I have recently moved to work for a new client where I am responsible for looking after a site of 60 people plus further remote workers and I am now in charge of looking after everything (effectively their I.T manager as such) so the best bit is as I am learning and enforcing my knowledge through day to day use of the technologies and then working towards the above certs at the same time which should really help!!

Going to begin with 70-640 and take it from there....Ideally wanting to get two exams done by the end of the year I think would be a realistic target to aim for.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    My big educational goals of the year were getting through my undergrad degree (working on the capstone now) and getting through my CISSP (waiting for the results).

Since the beginning of the year, I've started a new job that's going to require me to pick up my MCITP:EA and my CCA so I'm hoping I can pick both this year. Fingers crossed.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    htebazilehtebazile Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So far this year:

CISA - exam was in December but was approved in 2012
    CEHv7 / CNDA

Next exam: CISM - on Saturday!

Right now I'm going back on forth on starting the WGU MS-ISA program... If I decide to go through with it, I will get those certs (maybe not all in 2012):

CCENT
    CHFI
    GIAC G2700

If I don't go to WGU, I'll start working on this list of certs and see how far I get this year:

ITIL
    Linux+
    CRISC
    CCENT
    CISSP-ISSEP or CISSP-ISSMP (if my job will send me to training - funding is approved but my govie supervisor doesn't want me to miss that many days for training - frustrating!)
    ~ elizabeth
  • Options
    VisionITTechVisionITTech Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm hoping to complete:

CCNA
    Security +
    and
    ITIL v3

We'll see after I start classes at WGU.
  • Options
    geek12geek12 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    2011: MCP, MCSA

2012: MCSE (if I didn't complete it in 2011), CCNA
  • Options
    fredlwalfredlwal Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    With house work , and a kid on the way and plus awife, I don't know how you guys can get three certs in a year. I just want to get my security + exam out the way and then lean toward CEH cert after that. People with a family how do you guys manage to get certified?
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    fredlwal wrote: »
    With house work , and a kid on the way and plus awife, I don't know how you guys can get three certs in a year. I just want to get my security + exam out the way and then lean toward CEH cert after that. People with a family how do you guys manage to get certified?

Study at work during down time, cut out/reduce TV, video games, dining out, etc.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have the HTML5 and JavaScript beta exam coming up on Saturday... I am in no way ready for the test. Studying hard, but I will likely fail. I am hoping to get the ASP.NET or SharePoint Dev exam done by year end, though. I failed the only exam I took in 2011 and didn't bother to retake... So I don't want to let 2012 pass without some proof of the knowledge I have been gaining.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Currently working on the RMP. One cert at a time :)
  • Options
    paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    Got N+ and MTA-Net done within a week of each other. Need to Get S+, MTA-Sec, MTA-OS, ITIL-F then thats it for this year for me.
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)