Options

2012 Certification Plans

Comments

• Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Currently working on NCDA for C-Mode and 7-Mode.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    fredlwal wrote: »
    With house work , and a kid on the way and plus awife, I don't know how you guys can get three certs in a year. I just want to get my security + exam out the way and then lean toward CEH cert after that. People with a family how do you guys manage to get certified?

Talk to them (your family) about it and schedule the most time allowable at home. I also "go into work early" so I can study uninterrupted in a break room/parking lot/office. Then I of course study during the small downtime at work.
  • Options
    newmovenewmove Member Posts: 108
    I'm currently studying for SAP FI Module.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow its been awhile since I been on this forum. I have been really busy this year, I havent even had the chance to take any of my CCNP exams lol I have been pushed into the lead role as network engineer for where I work and I just havent had the time to study on certs icon_sad.gif

Actually there has been time but all my focus has been on 6500 design and reading those huge 1500 pg pdfs lol I also had the chance to goto south america to design and install a 500+ user call center. Nice experience :)

I think in a month or two I will have time to start up on the certs again :)
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    BREZHNEVBREZHNEV Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good morning guys.
    I'm new in the community, and I would like to make a plan to security certification.

Lats year I was certified in SAP AS NW Administration with Oracle.

For this year I'm studying ISO 27000 and I would like to define what certification is most better for me. If any one can recommend some tips, I will appreciate.

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    sys_tecksys_teck Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    network+ n10-004 <which i was procastinating to take for long time> test on 06/26/2012
    CCENT-> CCNA-> CCNA:s- in the future.
    working on CCNA
  • Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    - CCNA Security (Test Scheduled for next week)
    - Security+ (by mid-late July)
    - CCDA (End of August/Early September)
    - Start WGU (September 1st!)
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    KoryKory Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Done: CWNA
    In Progress: CCNA Wireless
    Will Achieve: CWSP, CCNP
  • Options
    ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    After years of constantly coming up with excuses I have decided to do the following:

OCA MySQL 5 (just to get back in exam taking mode)
    ITIL Foundation (I'm slowly moving from being an onsite techie to having management of our terrible helpdesk setup thrust upon me)
    MCTS 70-432 (been avoiding it but have to do it sooner or later; the latest version of our product runs on SQL 2008 so I don't really have a choice)
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I figured its time for an update icon_lol.gif

Complete:
    • Full CISSP status
    • eCPPT exam turned in

Pending:
    • Continuance of OSCP labbing + first exam attempt
    • OSWP Wi-Fu (active)
    • SPSE Python training

Backburner:
    • GPEN
    • CEPT
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Passed the CAPM, RMP, MCTS MS Project 2010

Taking a break from certifications and working on my MBA.
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Passed: CCENT, CCNA
    Remaining 2012 goals: CCNA:S

I'd really love to knock out LPIC-1 in 2012 as well, but I probably won't have time.
  • Options
    spacechild77spacechild77 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm new to the forums. I plan on getting my A+ this year.
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm new to the forums. I plan on getting my A+ this year.

Welcome!
  • Options
    Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    I have completed CISA this year and I will be the happiest guy if i can do CISSP exam!
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats to everyone, keep getting those certs! I just started the OSCP this weekend, this should be an interesting ride.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    My cert plans for this year got fudged due to working on my Bachelors, and having the hardest courses in the program this year. So after my final tomorrow I can start back to CISSP studies.

So goals for the rest of 2012:

CISSP
    A+ ( not needed but just because)
    Either C|EH or start MCSE: Server 2012
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well I actually reached my goal that was set in this thread. I said I just wanted to do 1 cert this year and it didn't matter which one. I got the 70-680 a few months back so I am good. I guess I should try to do another one this year just to surpass my goal.
  • Options
    ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Completed: CEH (Mar), CCENT (Apr), CISSP (Jul)
    Remaining: GPEN (Aug), CCNA (Oct)
  • Options
    KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Completed: Net+, Sec+
    In Progress: SSCP (test this month or next)
    Next: MCSA: Server 2008, first 70-640
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    as of right now i am a little behind. I passed my A+ in january, then i was off and on with my network+ studies because it was my senior year in college. the past 3 weeks i have cracked down on my network+ and will be sitting it on the 25th of this month. (i would do it sooner but i have work-related things that need to get done. After i pass the n+ i will begin my ccent studies and hopefully pass in october or november
  • Options
    rudergerruderger Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed 70-642, 70-640 then 70-646 last year, completed MCITP:SA as planned, and ITILv3 which was not planned, work put us all through the course and exam. I also planned to complete 250-402: Administration of Altiris Client Management Suite 7.1 and the prerequisite 250-403: Administration of Symantec Management Platform 7.1, I passed 250-403 a few weeks ago, got 250-402 booked in for next week. Not sure what I'll do after that.
  • Options
    pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    Completed MCITP:SA or MCSA 2008, working on MCSE Private Cloud. Will try and complete CCA Xenapp 6.5 and hopefully optimistic about Oracle Database 11g DBA 1 1Z0-051 DB Fundamentals if time permits.
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I had to put aside my MCITP: SA studies aside for a bit, to focus on getting some CIW / CompTIA certs done for the degree. Provided I finish up the degree in time, I plan to knock out the 642 and 646 exams before they retire.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Completed CCNP and CCNA:Security

CCNP: Voice is a definite.
    MCITP: VA and JNCIA if I'm up to it.
    What a difference a year makes. There's absolutely zero chance I do Voice now or anytime soon. It sounded good at the time, but I just couldn't get motivated for it and I went in a completely different direction starting on my CCIE: R&S. I'll be focusing on that for the near future, and should I pass, I'd like to see if I could sneak in a VMWare cert before starting on CCIE: DC for 2013.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am behind in my certification plans for 2012 as, instead of tackling Project+ or CCENT as planned, I was sidetracked into doing a couple of easy CIW ones. My plan for the rest of 2012 is to get as many certifications as possible that translate into WGU credit equivalents while completing the 24 general education credits offered by Straighterline.com before starting a BSIT at WGU in early 2013.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    JasonXJasonX Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JasonX wrote: »
    Little late to the party

02/2012 - CCNA
    05/2012 - CCNA:Security

Exams for later
    ITIL Foundations
    CCNP: Route & Switch (maybe squeeze in TSHOOT)
    Nearly 90 days later mark.

Obtained the ITIL Foundations and Security+ certs

Got through the first 100 pages of the FLG for Route
    2016 Certification Goals:
    CCIE R/S Written: ???
    CCIE R/S Lab: ???
    Add me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-meier/38/912/280/
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am too a bit behind in my cert path. I did just get a new job back in June so it has consumed a bit more of my time adjusting to it and finding time for studies. I am back on my path though. Should have Sec+ out of the way in a week or 2 and go head on into NP Route. I have a feeling though Route may get pushed back to Jan / Feb time.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I hope to get NA:Security to my tab before New Years! Considering I got Security+ finished just over a week. My goal was a month. I think it went pretty well. It's almost time for another round of Cert Goals for next year!

So... many cisco certs :'(

I might break it up with a JNCIA, if at all possible. Now I have Linux (ubuntu) installed, and not crashed on me... time to work on that too [Linux+]
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    2/3 of the way done!!!! Passed my network+ this past Saturday! Hopefully I can pass my CCENT within 4 months