Options

Starting MCITP:SA Question

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
As I am wrapping up my CCNA (testing on the 29th) I had a question prior to starting MCITP:SA. Should I read Server 2008 R2 Unleashed prior to the certification books? I am thinking I should as it might be the best intro to 2008 (I work with it pretty much everyday, but I am hoping for intimate knowledge). Thanks!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Will it hurt? Absolutely not! It is always recommended to supplement your certification books with other references, be it another cert book, unleashed/masterering book, technet, etc. Reading it should give you a deeper understanding about some things beyond what the cert book will give you to pass the test.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    contivacontiva Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There's certainly no harm in reading the unleashed books - they are a good source of material. I'd also take a look at technet on the subjects you arent strong on or are glossed over in the books. Remember like any certification guide - it is only a guide and rarely covers all the material you need to know. IMHO its better to be over prepared and take a month extra than go in and fail. Good luck