Options

books regarding A+

charunandacharunanda Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello sirs,
I want to do A+ certification. I would like to know what are the available good book which can help me in achieving my goal? is there any online resources (notes, ****, simulations etc.) available? i tried on net but couldn't find one that is helping. so please help me sirs to achieve my goal. thanking you in advance.

Charu

Comments

• Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    We don't do (d u m p s) here. You can loose your certification(s) that way. Study hard like everyone else does.

As for books, do a search on Amazon.com for Comptia A+. I do know the books by Mike Meyers are very good. Also, do a search for Professor Messer. He has a lot of free videos online for the A+.
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Professer Messer CBT and Mike Meyers book is all ya need, buddy.

My strategy has been, watch the videos, then read the book on the same subject.
  • Options
    echo465echo465 Banned Posts: 115
    I used the Pearson A+ book by Soper, Mueller, and Prowse. It was Pearson's $9.99 deal of the day back in July :)
  • Options
    XeeNXeeN Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have an older version of Pearson's CompTIA A+ book from the end of 2009 or early 2010 (says copyright 2010 in intro). It looks like Amazon has a 2nd edition out now. Should I spend another $50 since I'm studying for the A+ now?
  • Options
    What exam does it say its for?

Does it say 220-701? If yes, its current.
  • Options
    I have it in PDF form, but based on my comparisons it is for the 220-701 and 220-702, yes.
  • Options
    So your torrent-ed ebook says its 220-701 and 220-702? Then I guess that is right.
  • Options
    Now now, my purchased book from Pearson is the second edition so I'm all set and it only cost $10. =P
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Great that you have the second edition. I'm not familiar with the content of each, but I'm betting that the second edition has information on Windows 7 that is missing in the first edition. If not, you may want to supplement your study materials. When the 220-701 and 702 exams first came out in 2009, it didn't include Windows 7. CompTIA updated the objectives in early 2011 (January, I think) but kept the same numbers of 220-701 and 220-702. In other words, there are some books out there that are written for the older 220-701 and 220-702 objectives, and some on the newer objectives.

If you download the objectives, you'll see that the differences are in italics. Some of the items that stand out to me are Windows 7 topics, a little on IPv6, and exFAT or FAT64.

HTH,

Darril Gibson
    blog
  • Options
    Darril wrote: »
    Great that you have the second edition. I'm not familiar with the content of each, but I'm betting that the second edition has information on Windows 7 that is missing in the first edition.

From what I can tell you are correct. This states that it includes updates regarding Windows 7.
  • Options
    asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You need to buy a book and practice OS installation and configuration using a personal computer. Familiarity with computer terminology and knowledge of wireless networking is required. Checkout the free A+ Exam Cram