Options

Prof Messer or CBT Nugget for video training for 70-680?

RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
I started picking up studying for the Windows 7 680 exam and was wondering which video training is better for this exam? I have heard a few people on the boards mentioned they used his videos for studying...is the CBT Nugget videos a better source or no? I think I watched a couple of Messers a while ago and picked up a couple of tricks at the time. Thx in advance!

Comments

• Options
    xirtlookxirtlook Member Posts: 124
    I watched all the professor messer videos... twice.

Did the labs, and missed the passing score by a few points.

the CBTNuggets are better. professor messer is better than trainsignal.

each one only goes over so much though. A good overview/refresher of topics...

my best suggestion is to read the microsoft press book, read the technet articles, know your commands, and get in some lab practice.

vmware player, and dreamspark if you have student email account, so you can get server 2008 r2.

goodluck!
    nerd power.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    xirtlook wrote: »

First of all, I'm very sorry you failed. No doubt that you will pass on the second attempt.

Second, you missing the mark by a few points is very telling in the fact that the Prof. Messer videos do a good job at giving one a strong foundation. (As do a lot of CBTs.) The fact that these videos are FREE also means that if the videos are used in conjunction with either Technet or an MS Press book, one would do well on the exams.

Your failure in passing the exam by a few points watching just the Prof. Messer videos is actually pretty positive and I look forward to viewing them in conjunction with my 647 studies when I start it in November.

+1 and rep to you, sir. Thanks.
  • Options
    xirtlookxirtlook Member Posts: 124
    oh I passed on my second attempt. I had to read the book/technet articles to learn all the commands, Thats why I emphasize them.

I have my Win XP, MCSA, MCSE.. and I thought that the Windows 7 was as tough as as all of the MCSA combined. I underestimated the exam, and what they would expect of you to know.

So read the book, and use the videos as a review. Practice the labs, and you should be golden.
    nerd power.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    xirtlook wrote: »

the CBTNuggets are better. professor messer is better than trainsignal.

each one only goes over so much though. A good overview/refresher of topics...

my best suggestion is to read the microsoft press book, read the technet articles, know your commands, and get in some lab practice.

vmware player, and dreamspark if you have student email account, so you can get server 2008 r2.

goodluck!

Great info!
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on passing and thanks for the heads up! Will be taking this before the end of the year!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD