Options

Does any other University besides WGU include certifications free?

1233412334 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
Don't want to turn this into a thread of why I would or wouldn't want to go anywhere else. I am just curious and would like to weigh my options before getting into even more debt.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I am sure there are schools out there that does this, but most of them are probably local programs. Otherwise, there would be no reason to have educational certification vouchers. WGU clearly has an advantage over these schools, because of the coursework can be accessible anywhere online. I would like to know if there are other schools that I am unaware of too.
  • Options
    1233412334 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am sure there are schools out there that does this, but most of them are probably local programs. Otherwise, there would be no reason to have educational certification vouchers. WGU clearly has an advantage over these schools, because of the coursework can be accessible anywhere online. I would like to know if there are other schools that I am unaware of too.

Thanks for the lead...I forgot about local programs. If anyone knows otherwise, please let us know.
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    12334 wrote: »
    Thanks for the lead...I forgot about local programs. If anyone knows otherwise, please let us know.

I found this on the Train Signal blog.. it might help.

IT Certification Update: September 2011

Are you in college while looking to earn a Microsoft certification? You might be in luck. The American Council for Education (ACE) has recommended the allowance of college credits for earning select Microsoft certifications. While ACE maintains a large network of over 1,500 colleges and universities that have agreed to consider Microsoft certifications as college credit recommendations, it’s important to note that each college or university retains the right to accept (or deny) credit recommendations as they see fit. If you’re planning on earning a Microsoft certification, contact the institution you attend to find out about their policy on accepting certifications for college credits.

For more information on participating colleges and universities, you should visit the ACE website where you’ll find an alphabetical list of participating institutions. To acquire an ACE transcript, visit the Microsoft Learning website to enroll and submit your exams for verification. Finally, to find out what certifications will earn you college credit, you can view the full list here. Certification credit offerings range from one to six college credits per qualifying certification.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    I wouldn't pick a school just because they bundled the certification voucher into the class. For one, its not free. They factor the cost of the voucher into your tuition, so you are still paying for it anyways. You are better off finding a school you like, then you can use some of your school loan money to pay for the cert, if you really needed to.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration