Options

So My life is pretty much awesome

2»

Comments

• Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I suppose I gave up all the gaming when I met my other half. My slackdom turned in to head-of-household almost overnight. Kind of miss my old life from time to time. The last seven years went in phases:

Phase I:
    -Met hot chick at friend's party
    -Started hanging out with chick on weekends, gaming during the week.
    -Started hanging out with chick every day, was almost never home to relax and slack.

Phase II:
    -Asked chick to be girl friend.
    -Girlfriend enters life running.
    -Girlfriend begins complaining about my 2 hour Counter Stike: Source sessions.
    -Girlfriend shows her needy side.
    -The "I want us time" starts

Phase III:
    -Find out that girlfriend is nympho
    -Proposed to girlfriend
    -Fiancee actively shows me why time with her is better than gaming.
    -Fiancee moves in to house.
    -My futons, desk, beanbag chairs, Greenbay Packers posters, beer can towers and Pizza box coffee table moves out.
    -Gaming workstation is turned into "Online Class PC"

Phase IV:
    -I wonder where the nympho girlfriend went.
    -I begin to throw all extra time into studying...
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I hear ya man...had a similar situation happen, except in the end we broke up!

My biggest gripe is when girls don't have hobbies, and YOU become their hobby...therefore you must consume, or at least participate in, the depths of the boredom of nothingness outside of their work/school/non-hobby activities.

This is....the death of a gamer
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Monkerz wrote: »
    Phase III:
    -Proposed to girlfriend

I lol'd
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Ex-WoW gamer here, logged over a years worth of play time. Good times. Too busy for that now though. Enjoy your youth friend.
  • Options
    FirecellFirecell Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    VAHokie56 wrote: »

I had to uninstall those games from my HD icon_sad.gif and take all the CD's out to my parents house 4 county's away so I would not be tempted to reinstall.

Do you think WoW was addictive? icon_twisted.gif

I feel your pain brother...I played WoW too...Extremely hard to stop playing.
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I suppose I gave up all the gaming when I met my other half. My slackdom turned in to head-of-household almost overnight. Kind of miss my old life from time to time. The last seven years went in phases:

Phase I:
    -Started hanging out with chick every day, was almost never home to relax and slack.

Phase II:

Phase III:
    -Proposed to girlfriend
    -My futons, desk, beanbag chairs, Greenbay Packers posters, beer can towers and Pizza box coffee table moves out.

Phase IV:

It took you until phase III to find out she's a nympho? That's some good patience, man.
  • Options
    advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□

Phase I:

Phase II:

Phase III:
    -Proposed to girlfriend

Phase IV:

Hahaha, Monkerz, you crack me up. Mine had somewhat similar phases except it skipped the "I want us time" and she never mentioned anything about it. I cut it out myself... and mine was over the course of a year and a half. Dang nymphos, they get you everytime. Only thing is, mine got pregnant after we got married. Good luck Monkerz!
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□

Phase I:

Phase II:

Phase III:
    -Proposed to girlfriend

Phase IV:

About same here, Apart from time from phase 1 to end of III took 4 weeks :) with phase IV comming 2 years later along with a addition to the family :).

I miss the old life to sometimes, no responsibilitys and up till 4am every night playing computers. But then I look at Wife and baby along with better job and remeber times are just as good now. Just in a different way.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.