Just sat for SG1-001 CompTIA Storage+ Powered by SNIA Beta Exam

Well, I got the email the other day from Comptia for the new Storage+ cert and I said what the heck...

I just sat for the exam this morning and it was a doozy. 120 questions and 2 hours to complete. lots of questions on LUNS, etc... thankfully i had just sat for the Server+ exam last week (passed it by the way) and there were a lot of similiar questions.

I feel confident that I will get a "congratulations you passed" email when they do release the results.

for those that are contemplating taking this exam (either beta or official release) go to the SNIA website and get as much information as you can from it and on the web. also books 24/7 has some enterprise storage books that you can browse through.

one interesting note was that they had one question with a popout network diagram which is a first for Comptia certs (at least for me)... it reminded me of a mircosoft exam, except I could actually make out the diagram on this one icon_lol.gif
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Comments

• Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just sat for this exam also. And I think you said it best. Its a doosy. I'm looking forward to getting the results on this one.
  • Ron BrandtRon Brandt Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did it yesterday as well...I have my Server+ and actually thought the CCNA was easier than Storage+.
    The popout did suprise me but thought they could have thrown in a router as well instead of just switches.
    There was one ACL question that I thought was flawed..at least for the answers.
    I willbe suprised if I get the "congratulations you passed". icon_sad.gif
  • Heny '06Heny '06 Member Posts: 107
    Agreed its the hardest Comptia test I have taken so far, but it was free and I learned a lot during my studies.
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just sat for the exam this morning and it was a doozy. 120 questions and 2 hours to complete. lots of questions on LUNS, etc... thankfully i had just sat for the Server+ exam last week (passed it by the way) and there were a lot of similiar questions.

What I don't understand is this from Comptia:
    The exam is targeted toward IT storage professionals with at least twelve months of experience. Though it is not required, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Security+ certification is recommended.

link

You would think they would mention the Server+ (SK0-003) as one of the certifications recommended on the list. When I sat for the SK0-003, it had quite a bit of Storage management questions involved. I would reckon those were the questions that threw me on the SK0-003.

I wonder if the SGO-001 could be a replacement for the SK0-003 in the upcoming year or two. (?) (I understand those are two different certifications and targeted audiences, but there is a overlap in criteria)