Finished Reading All Chapters for ICND1.. One Week To Review. Any Tips?

nastynate604nastynate604 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just finished reading all of the chapters for ICND1 out of the Lammle 7th Edition book. I have also been following along with CBT Nuggets, have a Router and a Switch set up in my home lab and I grasp all of the concepts so far. I have 1 week until my test and was wondering if anyone has some tips on what to review the most? Aside from going over my notes and re-taking all of the test exams, should I focus on something in particular like Subnetting? CLI commands? Are there certain things that Cisco focuses on more when issuing the tests or is it completely random?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Just finished reading all of the chapters for ICND1 out of the Lammle 7th Edition book. I have also been following along with CBT Nuggets, have a Router and a Switch set up in my home lab and I grasp all of the concepts so far. I have 1 week until my test and was wondering if anyone has some tips on what to review the most? Aside from going over my notes and re-taking all of the test exams, should I focus on something in particular like Subnetting? CLI commands? Are there certain things that Cisco focuses on more when issuing the tests or is it completely random?

Thanks in advance.
    Well, not exactly pertaining any exam objective, but a general test-taking advice that I took to heart and had helped me: no sugar and caffeine or sugary food and caffeinated beverages during last week before the test. No staring at glowing screens after sunset, and especially not before you go to bed. Go to sleep earlier and get up earlier. Regular stretch and excersise. All that is said to improve memory function and prepare you mentally for the stress on the test.
    Good luck and keep us posted!