So...how long did you give yourselves to take your ICND2 after completing ICND1?

cisco_kiddcisco_kidd Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
Studying, labs, etc. I'm curious, I want to know how to pace myself...

Comments

• universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    just basing this off an educated guess (I have renewed my CCNA 2x before and this is my third go round at renewing) but based on odom's icnd 2 book i would say 1 to 1.5 months if you went at a leisurely pace and did the labs at least once. if you wanted to cram I would say 2-3 weeks..... for my i started to do the 2 test route, but opted for the 1 test route to renew my ccna (eventually I will undertake the ccnp, but not now).
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I spent a long time on CCENT, so I'm trying to take less than two months on finishing up the CCNA
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    My certs are on hold right now due to high college course load but I expect to tackle ICND2 next spring. I'm giving myself 2 months just because I don't work with Cisco every day. If you have some practical experience it should go quicker.
  • Steveg31Steveg31 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did my ICND1 on Sept. 3rd. Did my CCNA on Sept 24th. So three weeks exactly.
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I wanted to know the material very well. I started studying for ICND1 in Jan and sat for the exam in June. Immediately started studying for ICND2 and sat for it in December.
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    When I originally did the CCNA back in 2001 I took ~6mos studying the material (ugh, token ring and ISDN!) before attempting the exam. Fast forward a number of years and various other certifications in between, I took just as long as necessary to comprehend the material and lab each major L2 and L3 topic. The more experience you have with the technology, the less time it takes to master.

Take as long as you need to study. Once you can configure frame relay DLCIs, NAT, basic OSPF, and Spanning-Tree in your sleep you are ready.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • CmptrFrkCmptrFrk Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    2.5 years. I need to get my tail in gear!
  • KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    Well, now I can answer this since I passed the ICND1 today.. I plan on going over the ICND2 material, reading at least 2 books - then follow Amazon.com: 31 Days Before Your CCNA Exam: A Day-by-Day Quick Reference Study Guide (9781587131745): Scott Bennett: Books all ready "knowing" the material and the concepts I feel the 31-days will be a nice refresher leading up to the test. I plan on getting book(s) this evening. I want to go the easy route with ebooks, but the Girlfriend wants her nook back.. I feel that 45-60 days should be good. Depends on when I get the material and how fast I read through it. Why try and slow down a freight train that is moving :D
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book