Options

CCNA on May 2, 2005! Need advice!

carogocarogo Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been seeing a lot of topics here wherein they encountered NAT, RIP v2 and OSPF in the exam...

I'm gonna take the exam on May 2 already and I have read the whole Sybex 4th Edition book and Test King version 56.

I've got barely 6 days to study... Any advice?
Studying for CCNA Exam. :-)

Comments

• Options
    Chris-HongKongChris-HongKong Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1. Subnetting - you should know very well.
    2. Tables in Cisco press book. Memorize them well.
    3. Routing protocols.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    Fu LoserFu Loser Member Posts: 123
    Then I would practice labs on Nat/OSPF/Frame/RIP/IGRP/Access list

These are the most common labs i hear people get stuck with. Study all of these for about 2 hours a night at least.

Help yourself out to on the exam, make a subnetting/ip addressing table on your white sheet before you click the start button on your exam. This will save you more time for labs and help rid of dumb mistakes that are made during the exam.

The table will also help you eliminate wrong answears on your exams because alot of cisco questions will include an answear of a wrong IP/Subnet as a solution, i would eliminate these first.

With cisco test i would always eliminate wrong answeres first then select the right answere from the remaining options.
  • Options
    leighgcleighgc Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i would purchase and use the transcender practice exams. i recently failed the icnd test . i had utilized the boson test as my practice exam and they were nothing like the actual test. i bought the transcender exams and i swear they look exactly like the test i had failed. the questions were so similar it looked like someone copied the icnd test into the transcender test engine.
    through perseverance i conquer
  • Options
    Firestarter69Firestarter69 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are the transcenders THAT good? 109 dollars for 30 day access is pretty steep. I am goin the INTRO then ICND route BTW.
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey Firestarter69,
    Make up your own mind what to buy,advice here is good but dont always believe everything what people telll you.You never know if the person offering has other reasons,maybe their trying to adver tise there product or whatever.No offense meant to anyone just a warning to people who are no aware of this.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    Firestarter69Firestarter69 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am aware of many things. :D That being said I am trying to spend my money wisely and getting first hand oppinions before I plunk down cash is what I prefer. There are SOOOOO many companies selling these practice tests that I'm pretty sure there are a few not worth a damned, avoiding these can save me money. I am losing my job in about a month and with nothing on the horizon I am spending very carefully.
  • Options
    mctoffermctoffer Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well goodluck on the exam