Got an Offer!

JourdshJourdsh Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
Thanks everyone for all of your help, had a phone interview for a help desk position on Tuesday, an in-person interview on Wednesday and an offer today (Thursday)!

It is a large company, basic help desk, but the salary is what I wanted, and I think there will be room to grow.
WGU Progress

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Sounds like a winning combo. Best of luck.
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck and congrads/.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Good luck in the new role.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Great Job!. Its nice to see TE members getting jobs.
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the job!!Give us some more info for people to reference later, background experience and salary range. Unless its too personal.
  • computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
    Congrats, best of luck with your new job.
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)
  • JourdshJourdsh Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Devilry wrote: »
    Congrats on the job!!Give us some more info for people to reference later, background experience and salary range. Unless its too personal.

Use to be a call center manager for a software company. Then opened my own restaurant. That experience has been keeping me from getting any good jobs, so I went back to school, been getting some certs.

Salary is about 42k.

Thanks everyone for the congrats.
    WGU Progress
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Thanks for the info, I just remembered your earlier thread with that stuff.

Well, good luck with your new position, keep us up to date on how it turns out.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    congrats on the new opportunity. Compared to the helpdesk salaries in this area, 42k is actually pretty decent. I see a lot start at less than 30k/yr here.
  • grauwulfgrauwulf Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    "the salary is what I wanted, and I think there will be room to grow. "

winning winner of winningness! best of luck with your new position.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! Sounds like a good opportunity for you.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 196 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratzzzicon_cheers.gif
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”