Options

Help With My Resume

I'm currently redoing my resume and I need some help. I currently don't have any prior I.T. jobs and I currently don't hold any certs. What's the best way to show off the skills that I currently hold. Also, should I put jobs on my resume that aren't I.T. related? Any help is appreciated.
There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)

Comments

• Options
    KrisAKrisA Member Posts: 142
    I currently don't have any prior I.T. jobs and I currently don't hold any certs.
    Also, should I put jobs on my resume that aren't I.T. related?

So your wanting to list nothing? I believe it would be without question you need show an employment history. This lets whoever it may be (HR, Recruiters, Mangers) know that you can hold a job. Your employment history is going to be the selling point I believe without prior experience or certifications to make you stand out.
    WGU Progress BSIT:NA | Current Term:1 | Transfered To-Do In Progress Completed
    EWB2 BAC1 BBC1 TSV1 WFV1 CLC1 LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 INT1 TPV1 SST1 SSC1 GAC1 HHT1 TNV1 QLT1 BOV1 LET1 ORC1 IWC1 IWT1 MGC1 ABV1 AHV1 AJV1 TWA1 CPW2 BRV1
    Currently Reading
    Darril Book
  • Options
    computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
    No, I don't want to list nothing. I was just wondering if I should just list jobs that pertain to I.T. (i.e. my electrical jobs) and not include me working as a delivery driver for a pizza shop.
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)