Options

TSHOOT completed!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    pham0329 wrote: »
    Me too! You should look at Routing TCP/IP Volume 1, it complements the FLG nicely.

Sure does.. I just finished reading both and working on labs.. Trying to remember all this info is killin me! :)
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Ah, so in your world, you either know all the answers, or you guessed all the answers? It's not possible that someone know most of the answer, and guessed the one or 2 that they don't know and gets them right?

In my world a CCNA knowledge is not enough to get you 1000/1000 in TSHOOT.

You're the only person who seems to need convincing because apparently, to you, the CCNA doesn't teach anything. Are you telling me that someone with CCNA can't tell if a network statement is entered in wrong? They can't tell whether one side is using authentication and the others isn't? They can't tell that an interface hasn't been enabled for OSPF? They can't tell that the reason why neighbors relationship isn't forming was because the interface is passive? What exactly do you think they teach in ICDN 2??

Either I went overboard with my CCNA studies or you've vastly underestimating the CCNA.

Are you kidding me? I studied CCNA for 7 months. I didnt know studying 7 months full time was underestimating my CCNA. lol I know that CCNA is NOT ENOUGH to 1000/1000 TSHOOT. Apparently, only you that I know can 1000/1000 TSHOOT and DPG pass TSHOOT without passing ROUTE. lol

Yes, I got 1000/1000 in TSHOOT and haven't passed ROUTE. Ok, I may have went overboard with the CCENT statement. Let me rephrased that. I believe half the tickets can be identified and fixed by a CCENT with experience. Would you like me to repeat anything else I've already said?

So, what you're saying is that unless I passed ROUTE, I have no idea what EIGRP, OSPF, Redistribution, Route Map, Prefix list, ACL, NAT is? I suppose if I hadn't taken SWITCH, all my knowledge about STP, RSTP, HSRP, CEF, and everything I've learned about switching would also be invalidated and you would be telling me that I know nothing about switching either?

So whos underestimating test now? Your the one who's underestimating TSHOOT when you said CCENT can figure TSHOOT out. Compare the blueprint of CCNA vs CCNP TSHOOT and see if a CCNA knowledge will be able to par with CCNP TSHOOT.

Maybe you should reread my post. I went to SWITCH, then studied ROUTE, then took TSHOOT. Now, why didn't I take ROUTE before TSHOOT? Because the entire ROUTE exam is focused on routing, whereas TSHOOT is focused on troubleshooting, with very little actual routing taking place. You've yet to give me a reason as to why someone needs to pass ROUTE before passing TSHOOT other than "it's logical".

Why do you think Cisco allows you to choose the order in which you take the exam if everyone who passes TSHOOT before ROUTE is dumping? Or are you only saying that I dumped because I got a 1000/1000...which you're Senior Network Engineer couldn't?

According to your signature, you currently read 50% of ROUTE. Im guessing before you took TSHOOT, you only read less than 50% of ROUTE.

You are telling me that 50% of you reading ROUTE + your CCNA routing knowledge helped you 1000/1000 in TSHOOT. lol Really? Congratulations! icon_rolleyes.gif you just convinced me! lol icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    In my world a CCNA knowledge is not enough to get you 1000/1000 in TSHOOT.

That's because you live in Cisco land where the only thing that matter is the cert. Just because I don't have a CCNP: ROUTE does not mean I don't know routing protocols.
    Are you kidding me? I studied CCNA for 7 months. I didnt know studying 7 months full time was underestimating my CCNA. lol I know that CCNA is NOT ENOUGH to 1000/1000 TSHOOT. Apparently, only you that I know can 1000/1000 TSHOOT and DPG pass TSHOOT without passing ROUTE. lol

Quite honestly, I don't really care how long you studied for the CCNA. Are you telling me that the CCNA does not cover EIGRP/OSPF or NAT/ACL?
    So whos underestimating test now? Your the one who's underestimating TSHOOT when you said CCENT can figure TSHOOT out. Compare the blueprint of CCNA vs CCNP TSHOOT and see if a CCNA knowledge will be able to par with CCNP TSHOOT.

Um, I said a CCENT with experience would be able to figure out half the ticket of the TSHOOT, and if you took it recently or received the same tickets I did and still refute this, well, I don't know what else to say. Do you really think you need to be a CCNP to troubleshoot basic L2 connectivity issues?
    According to your signature, you currently read 50% of ROUTE. Im guessing before you took TSHOOT, you only read less than 50% of ROUTE.

You are telling me that 50% of you reading ROUTE + your CCNA routing knowledge helped you 1000/1000 in TSHOOT. lol Really? Congratulations! icon_rolleyes.gif you just convinced me! lol icon_thumright.gif

Um...you're a little dense. 50% doesn't mean I only read half of one book. It means I went through 50% of my study materials...meaning the CBT Nuggets and FLG. I still have the INE videos and Routing TCP/IP to go through...

I still don't understand where you get this idea that TSHOOT is entirely about routing because it's not. The routing that is in the TSHOOT is basic OSPF/EIGRP, it doesn't require CCNP/CCIE routing knowledge like you make it out to be.

This is the third time I'm asking, PM me what ticket you thought required this advanced routing knowledge you speak of. In returns, I'll PM you 5 tickets that I remember that a CCENT would be able to troubleshoot.

Throughout all your posts, I see two things
    1. Attempting TSHOOT before ROUTE is not logical, therefore, anyone who pass TSHOOT before ROUTE used a ****
    2. You had a hard time with TSHOOT, therefore, anyone who passed TSHOOT before ROUTE used a ****
  • Options
    I already made my point across that you **** TSHOOT, thats why you got 1000/1000.
    Your first excuse doesn't even make sense:

your first post
    Only reason I took the exam was because I felt like I was rushing my ROUTE studies

I'm done debating with a dumper. I'm not replying after this. I rather use my time now to lab. You also might as well **** CCIE since CCENT can troubleshoot half of TSHOOT. Maybe half-CCNP can 1000/1000 CCIE lab test. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    I already made my point across that you **** TSHOOT, thats why you got 1000/1000.
    Your first excuse doesn't even make sense:

your first post

I'm done debating with a dumper. I'm not replying after this. I rather use my time now to lab. You also might as well **** CCIE since CCENT can troubleshoot half of TSHOOT. Maybe half-CCNP can 1000/1000 CCIE lab test. icon_thumright.gif

You obviously have no reading comprehension. That wasn't an excuse, that was the reason why I took TSHOOT. I said that I gave myself till the end of the year to get CCNP, and felt like I was rushing through ROUTE just to meet the deadline, and therefore, took a shot at TSHOOT to knock that out of the way to give myself more time for the ROUTE exam.

Again, you're calling me a dumper with nothing to back it up. That's the equivalent of me calling you stupid for having such a hard time with TSHOOT. You've yet to address any of the points I've brought up and have not taken my offer regarding the PMs of the tickets on the exam.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    This is getting entertaining
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hmm... well. Why not?

I just scheduled the exam. Just finished the TSHOOT CBTNUGGETS and Routing TCP/IP volume 1/2 and built out the topology over the weekend using a mix of GNS3 and physical switches and Hyper-v for the clients.

I'll let you guys know!
    -Daniel
  • Options
    deth1kdeth1k Member Posts: 312
    OMG, some one went crazy, NOC-Ninja you do realise that people do pass CCIE without ever taking CCNA or CCNP. Looks like your world revolves around those four letters. You don't need to be certified in anything to pass something as long as you have some common sense and knowledge in the subject. Some people just don't bother with whole certification thing and work senior level / network architect type jobs and obviously they wouldn't be able to pass TSHOOT without taking ROUTE first, oh but they didn't do their CCNA first. Just relax mate, do you really care if someone cheated or not? Even if he did, that's not your problem.
  • Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    There is no way you can obtain so many Cisco certifications while only being a reboot monkey at NASA for less than a year. Sounds like someone dumped a bunch of exams...
  • Options
    DPG wrote: »
    There is no way you can obtain so many Cisco certifications while only being a reboot monkey at NASA for less than a year. Sounds like someone dumped a bunch of exams...

Sure.lol They didn't grilled me with technical questions that's why I got a kickass job. icon_lol.gif

I ONLY REBOOT computers for 8hrs everyday. That is a great thing don't you think? Yes, they actually hired me as a reboot monkey. It's a great pay from your tax don't you think? icon_thumright.gif

Yeah i studied for 9 months to get all my certs. I guess you know me that well. icon_rolleyes.gif

Do you also want to see my facebook and myspace? What about my height and weight? Stalker much? icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Man this thread took a dive:

@Noc

Wth is your problem? I mean why does this even matter to you? Maybe the test is hard but your don't have to be a douche about it. I remember when you first stated how quickly you obtained all of your certs and I thought "Wow that's fast" because it has taken me quite longer to do well less BUT I thought your just worked harder and I moved on with my life. Relax man, it's only 0s and 1s.

At any rate, MODS please close this foolishness as it is a waste of time.
  • Options
    Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    I bet I could have passed TSHOOT before ROUTE, does that make me a dumper?

NO, because I have enough experience WITHOUT certifications to be able to pass the exam and I have already been thought the CCNP Network Academy (but did not take the tests due to having a new baby). So get off the OP's nuts and be happy for him. If he is found out to be a dumper you can tell me I told you so (but I doubt you will get that honor icon_cool.gif)

@pham0329, congratulations on the pass, now buckle down and finish out ROUTE. It's a TON of material but you'll get it!
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    With all this talk about **** makes me wanna start passing out toliet paper..
  • Options
    Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    Kelkin wrote: »

lol, that's funny
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    106.gif

You're welcome...
  • Options
    nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @NOC Ninja - I was a network support officer in a bank before i came to the United states. All the time i spent there, i had no cisco cert. However, i was handling CCNP responsibilities. I have done most of what is covered in routing and switching. Since I have actually troubleshooted network extensively especially routing, i was amazed at the level of complexity of the TSHOOT exam. I took the route on saturday 10/08 and scored 883/1000. glancing through the switch and tshoot materials, i felt like i would knock out the tshoot in few days time because i have done most of the things covered in the topics. Does that mean i will **** the exam because i won't be attempting the switch before tshoot? I would say NO. Passing route and switch is not a prerequisite to passing tshoot. what matters is your experience. Even if anyone **** their certs, it's up to them to prove to employers that they are employable. It's not like you are his employer so why are you using tylenol to someone else's headache? Just asking icon_rolleyes.gif
    @OP, congratulations to you. icon_thumright.gif
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kelkin wrote: »

funny, ive just ran out, maybe tempted to use the shower head......asian style b1tches :D hahaha.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    GimmynoGimmyno Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!! Amazing score!!
  • Options
    nel wrote: »
    funny, ive just ran out, maybe tempted to use the shower head......asian style b1tches :D hahaha.

ewww...that's disgusting! Go grab some paper towels
  • Options
    ewww...that's disgusting! Go grab some paper towels

you do realise thats my sarcastic british sense of humour there and its not actually factual? ;)

on a side note, that is exactly what they do in most parts of asia tho haha. fantastic part of the world that place is.

• Options
    on a side note, its great how this conversation has now been killed by this :D Good times. ha

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I would think that it would be possible to study for the SWITCH test and the ROUTE test enough to pass the TSHOOT, but not enough to pass the SWITCH and ROUTE tests.

When I am reading through material, I tend to understand the concepts of things long before I have memorized all the minutiae.

For instance, I currently understand how OSPF functions enough to program it and troubleshoot what is wrong, even though I have yet to memorize the exact function of each LSA type and which ones are present in each type of stub network.

(That's what I am studying tonight, so that's fresh on my mind.) icon_smile.gif

There are tons of little facts that have to be memorized to pass the ROUTE test (like message types and neighbor states for EIGRP, OSPF and BGP) that you are probably not going to need to pass the TSHOOT test.

Like I said when I was working on my A+, there are probably people working on an assembly line for Dell who install 100s of Pentium chips on circuit boards everyday, who have no idea how many pins are on one. They don't need to know to do their job, but you need to know for the test.

That being said, I am taking my ROUTE exam first. Not to try to please someone on this site, but because I don't have the guts to do it the other way. Congratulations to everyone who passed in either order. I will join you soon.
  • Options
    Yea, ROUTE is a woozy. I initially planned 1 month for it but quickly realized that wasn't going to work because there's just so much stuff to remember, and you know the ROUTE exam is going to test you on every single little trivial thing. The IPv6 chapter alone is almost 200 pages in the FLG..
  • Options
    mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    yea this route study - feels like its never going to end. plus I pretty much expect ill fail first go.

• Options
    mattau wrote: »
    yea this route study - feels like its never going to end. plus I pretty much expect ill fail first go.

lol. It definitely has so much information to digest.
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • Options
    JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ...took the TSHOOT before ROUTE, and passed with a score of 1000/1000!!...

Congrats! You must really know your technologies. I took this test today and found it to be quite a challenge but very fun each time I arrived at the root cause of an issue. Best of luck with ROUTE.
    Lab on!
  • Options
    Which part did you have troubles with? I don't mean which tickets, but did you have trouble identifying the problematic device or did you have trouble identifying the problem on said device?

If you had a tough time telling which device the problem was on, I suggest you review your troubleshooting methodology. Once you have a set procedure for troubleshooting, it becomes much easier to identify the source of the problem.
  • Options
    Which part did you have troubles with? I don't mean which tickets, but did you have trouble identifying the problematic device or did you have trouble identifying the problem on said device?

If you had a tough time telling which device the problem was on, I suggest you review your troubleshooting methodology. Once you have a set procedure for troubleshooting, it becomes much easier to identify the source of the problem.
    i took mine too yesterday 10/15 and i must confess, it's gonna be easy for those that know their stuffs.those trouble tickets can be really challenging if you don't know your stuffs. on to SWITCH in the next 4 weeks.
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED