What kind of jobs deal with linux and wireless ?

YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
I really like learning linux and wireless networks, so I'm intersted to know what jobs require both. I've looked at indeed.com and dice.com but I couldn't find anything. I mostly found linux only with system admin jobs, and none of the wireless engineer or any wireless jobs asked for linux experience.

Thanks everybody.

Comments

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Tough calling considering they are different sides of the coin.

Linux = System
    Wireless = Network

Unless you find a small/medium size business where you can use both skills.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That's kind of what I thought but I was just double checking. They both interest me but I guess I'll have to choose one of them for a career.
    I can't speak much for Linux but as far wireless goes, you can't wrong with the CWNP stuff, they absolutely amazing for WLAN knowledge. Vendor neutral and they cover a lot of from aspect of RF and general 802.11 knowledge.
    My Networking blog
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yeah Ive been looking into the CWNP exams, ccna: wireless, CCNP: wireless, CCIE: wireless. But I start a technical support job tomorrow that uses linux, so I was thinking I should use this linux experience to move higher up in my IT career.
    As far as wireless I'd get the CWNA beforet he CCNA: Wireless trust me icon_smile.gif even you work with Cisco Wireless equipment it's better and easier to understand how wireless work over how to work with LWAPP or WLC.

But if you role pertains more to Linux then you must learn what you need to succeed, I hear LPIC is good for Linux, and Linux+ from CompTIA counts as LPIC-1.. I think. My Linux knowledge is minimal so I'd wait for linux guy to chime in icon_smile.gif
    My Networking blog