Need Assistance: Error when installing Server 2008 R2 in VMware Workstation

Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am attempting to install Server 2008 (R2) into VMware Workstation, the installation goes through and run a VMWare updated automatically. After sometime, it goes to a blue screen (error message: an interrupt storm has caused the system to hang) and restarts afterwards. Then when Server boots up, it always goes to Windows Error Recovery everytime when I select Start Windows Normally. Any suggestions?

Comments

• universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    update all your drivers. also, might want to start pulling out unnecessary hardware and if that doesnt work then start pulling ram and if still nothing start with a known good set of ram from antoher 2k8r2 machine.

I had a near new 2950 that just would not install 2k8r2 and had different BSOD messages each time. did all the above and still nothing, then I yanked the dvd drive and installed from an external drive and presto ..... weird thing is that the same dvd drive is still running on a 2950 with 2008 (not r2) just fine.
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Is VMware workstation installed on a normal workstation / PC or a dual CPU system ? Your behaviour is known when using dual CPUs for example but each CPU has a different stepping ... If you use it on a single CPU PC, how many vcpu / cores have you assigned to the vm ?
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Are you using a DVD or an ISO to install w2k8? You may have a bad ISO and that is causing the problems. Just a thought. Good luck.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)