Awaiting the results, took the exam on the 17th of September

TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
Its been mental torture for the past few days, at times I'm terrified to check my emails. I'm even dreaming about it now. LOL, I forwarded the results to my moms so she can call me to inform me of the results. I know this sounds kinda weird but I'm madly freaking out now. I'm having extreme doubts now, I felt good coming out of the exam but as time passes and with each day that goes by I'm doubting myself even more. Has anyone gone through this and whats the average wait and what day do they normally release the results?
Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida

Comments

• WutWut Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am quite positive that everyone (including myself) have gone through what you feel before :D

Usually it took around 1 months for test result to arrive in your email. Keep your finger cross and good luck :)
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    Its been mental torture for the past few days, at times I'm terrified to check my emails. I'm even dreaming about it now. LOL, I forwarded the results to my moms so she can call me to inform me of the results. I know this sounds kinda weird but I'm madly freaking out now. I'm having extreme doubts now, I felt good coming out of the exam but as time passes and with each day that goes by I'm doubting myself even more. Has anyone gone through this and whats the average wait and what day do they normally release the results?

Don't do this. Why torture yourself? You did your best. It is what it is. If you prevail, excellent. If not, you regroup, improve your plan and attack one more time. Worst case, a lost battle doesn't mean losing war.
  • Laztech200Laztech200 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Been there done that! Thats the worst part of the process. Im sure you did just fine, everyone walks out of the test center vomiting.

You should be getting the results in no time.
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you read any post from someone who has taken the exam, the common theme after the exam is "exhaustion" followed by "not feeling positive" about it. For me, the "not feeling positive" didn't kick in until 24 hours later. It is a tough test, both mentally and physically. The only thing you can do is wait for the results.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
    Still waiting for results?
  • TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    Laztech200 wrote: »

Failed with 696
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Failed with 696
    That's so close you should ask for a manual re-talley just to make sure there wasn't a problem with your Scantron (smudges, incomplete erasures, wrinkles, etc.).
    Good idea. Ask for a re-talley, just to make sure. You know exaclty what to expect next time. This could be one question missed.
  • ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Laztech200 wrote: »
    Failed with 696

Man that really sucks. I thought mine was bad. I took it the 18th in Orlando I got a 693.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Failed with 696

Oh man that's gut wrenching. I'd rather miss it by a good bit than by 4 points. Good thing is you are close so a little bit more studying and prep and you should be good next time.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Diggs3dDiggs3d Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow.....That really does suck......

Hopefully the re-talley will come through for both of you.......
    Failed with 696

That's so close you should ask for a manual re-talley just to make sure there wasn't a problem with your Scantron (smudges, incomplete erasures, wrinkles, etc.).

TBRAYS - Did you ask for a re-talley and if so what was the response? I never really thought about doing so. I just figured I would retake it at the next go around. What is the process of asking for a re-talley?
    So I got curious and wrote ISC2. Manual Re-talley is $50 and can take up to 21 days if it comes back as a passing score they will refund the $50.
  • yrcisspyrcissp Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I should have gotten curious after i took the test first time back in september, i actually drove to PA to take it from NY, received 696, i know for a fact i erased a couple of answers to a point of a tear on a scantron, i re took the exam on october 9th and just got the passing grade, i totally felt that i passed it after the exam.
    yrcissp wrote: »
    I should have gotten curious after i took the test first time back in september, i actually drove to PA to take it from NY, received 696, i know for a fact i erased a couple of answers to a point of a tear on a scantron, i re took the exam on october 9th and just got the passing grade, i totally felt that i passed it after the exam.

Congrats! Yeah I rescheduled for Nov 19th down in Ft. Lauderdale. I cant wait for the Orlando go around again because I will ne in Costa Rica on vacation during that attempt. So FLL it will be. What would you consider your best study material, what helped you the most?
  • yrcisspyrcissp Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First time I took the test, I used

Eric Conrad's CISSP Guide (downloaded on Ipad) - Very good base but if you want to have better command of the subject matter you need to supplement with additional materials (example, there isn't a single mention of what triage is in this book). Nevertheless, very practical approach and i recommend it

Shon Harris' CISSP Practice tests - good questions, if you take these after reading EC's Guide, you may feel inadequate but gives you a good perspective as to what you need to read up on

Tech 2000 CISSP Practice questions (downloaded on Ipad) - Very poor quality and I wouldn't recommend for the test

Second time I added Official with (ISC)2 Guide and test offered by (ISC)2

I did by the 11th hour Study Guide by Eric Conrod which is a summary of his first book and i thought this particular shortened version is pretty much useless

Overall, EC's CISSP Guide plus Official (ISC)2 guide have all of the info to pass the test. Most importantly, you need to have a clear head before and during the exam.

First time

I drove from PA to NY, barely slept the night, got up at around 5AM, didn't take any breaks during the exam, got up and felt it was 50/50, on the way back, had the worst headache

Second time

Took the test in NY, took 1 break during the exam, was able to spot BEST/LEAST questions much easier during the exam. Totally felt that I passed the exam once I was done.

Good luck!
  • TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    yrcissp wrote: »
    First time I took the test, I used

Eric Conrad's CISSP Guide (downloaded on Ipad) - Very good base but if you want to have better command of the subject matter you need to supplement with additional materials (example, there isn't a single mention of what triage is in this book). Nevertheless, very practical approach and i recommend it

Shon Harris' CISSP Practice tests - good questions, if you take these after reading EC's Guide, you may feel inadequate but gives you a good perspective as to what you need to read up on

Tech 2000 CISSP Practice questions (downloaded on Ipad) - Very poor quality and I wouldn't recommend for the test

Second time I added Official with (ISC)2 Guide and test offered by (ISC)2

I did by the 11th hour Study Guide by Eric Conrod which is a summary of his first book and i thought this particular shortened version is pretty much useless

Overall, EC's CISSP Guide plus Official (ISC)2 guide have all of the info to pass the test. Most importantly, you need to have a clear head before and during the exam.

First time

I drove from PA to NY, barely slept the night, got up at around 5AM, didn't take any breaks during the exam, got up and felt it was 50/50, on the way back, had the worst headache

Second time

Took the test in NY, took 1 break during the exam, was able to spot BEST/LEAST questions much easier during the exam. Totally felt that I passed the exam once I was done.

Good luck!

This would have been more resourceful, if you would have created your own post. EC gets down to the point without the extra fluff, the reason I failed was due to my preparation not the material I used. Congrats on the pass!
    Great I just bought the 11th hour book because others had used it. I'll look into the EC guide. Thanks for the response and again congrats on the pass. That 4 week wait is a killer!
  • ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    Oh man you were so close...hope you ask for a re-talley and get a passing grade. Best of luck!

As for ejg398...
    ejg398 wrote: »
    Congrats! Yeah I rescheduled for Nov 19th down in Ft. Lauderdale. I cant wait for the Orlando go around again because I will ne in Costa Rica on vacation during that attempt. So FLL it will be. What would you consider your best study material, what helped you the most?

I will see you on the 19th as I am also taking it in FLL :)
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
    So a quick question for those that have taken the exam. Did you answer the questions in the book first and then fill in the scantron or did you go from question to scantron?

First attempt I went question to scantron with a 15 minute break at the halfway point and it took me about 4.5 hours to complete. Just wondering what everyones opinion is on whether to go thru the book first or go question to scantron? My biggest fear would be to go thru the book first then not have enough time to fill in the scantron.
    So a quick question for those that have taken the exam. Did you answer the questions in the book first and then fill in the scantron or did you go from question to scantron?

First attempt I went question to scantron with a 15 minute break at the halfway point and it took me about 4.5 hours to complete. Just wondering what everyones opinion is on whether to go thru the book first or go question to scantron? My biggest fear would be to go thru the book first then not have enough time to fill in the scantron.

I answered the questions in the booklet first. Wrote any notes i felt were relevant, and made marks on the questions i needed to come back to. I used up the entire 6 hours for this purpose. Left the last hr to circle in all the answers in the scan-tron.

But everyone is different. Some people don't wait to the last minute to bubble in the answers in fear of running out of time. It worked well for me. Hope this helps!
    I answered the exam questions by writing in the booklet and bubbled them in 50 at a time. Taking short breaks to bubble was a nice breather from reading/pondering the exam's questions.
  • datacop992datacop992 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im the new guy here. Scheduled for Dec 4th for CISSP. If I botch it I am out a lot of money and staring at new requirements. Anyone know where I can find a new study guide if it goes south. I understand there is a wait of several months before you can retake CISSP. Wife laid off. Money low. Getting little freaked out myself and it hasnt happened yet.
    datacop992 wrote: »
    Im the new guy here. Scheduled for Dec 4th for CISSP. If I botch it I am out a lot of money and staring at new requirements. Anyone know where I can find a new study guide if it goes south. I understand there is a wait of several months before you can retake CISSP. Wife laid off. Money low. Getting little freaked out myself and it hasnt happened yet.

There is a wait after the 2nd attempt.. I took first attempt in Sept. doing again this coming weekend.
    Anyone know where I can find a new study guide if it goes south.
    The difference between the 2009 and 2012 CISSP exams can be found in the CISSP Candidate Information Bulletin. The study material recommendations have been updated too.
    To be honest, not feeling so good about the second attempt. I think I tried rushing this test in before the end of the year. If I pass it great if not I will take my time reviewing the material. I know the material but really suck at test taking. Hopefully things work in my favor this time. Guess now its the sit and wait game!
  • ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    To be honest, not feeling so good about the second attempt. I think I tried rushing this test in before the end of the year. If I pass it great if not I will take my time reviewing the material. I know the material but really suck at test taking. Hopefully things work in my favor this time. Guess now its the sit and wait game!

Hope you got it this time. I'm not too confident about my attempt neither, but only time will tell.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
    Getting little freaked out myself and it hasnt happened yet.
    Most people who are taking their first (ISC)2 exam can get themselves over-hyped by anticipating the experience. Have confidance in your InfoSec knowledge and your ability to solve InfoSec-related problems. This close to the exam you should have a distilled set of study notes that you are using to keep the material fresh in your mind. Focus on passing now and you won't need to worry about the new 2012 requirements.

And in case you haven't already found these:

The CISSP Certification Experience | TechExams.net Blogs
    The CISSP Certification Experience: My Study Plan | TechExams.net Blogs