Options

Passed 70-218 MCSA complete!

Azriel924Azriel924 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed what was the hardest, to me, exam last Thursday. This one was really tough. Lots of problem solving story type questions, very little direct questions. RRAS, DHCP, and GPO were predominant, . Good luck to those about to sit for this one.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    WTG, could i ask you which books and practice tests did you use
  • Options
    kklentzkklentz Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! What a great feeling it must be to have your MCSA complete! Do any celebrating?

I'm studying 70-218 now for my final exam for MCSA. Hope to be able to take this in a couple weeks. Lots of material (as you stated) to go over.
  • Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    kklentz what book are you using and maybe we could get together and study online and share resources some time. i am planing to do mine on july 11th.
  • Options
    Azriel924Azriel924 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the Microsoft books and the enclosed evaluation copies of 2000 Server and Advanced Server. Also the accompanying Lab Manuals. I used the Transcender test engines (expensive but worth it) and all the resources I found online such as this great site.

I intend to give studying a break now and concentrate on a better position. MCSE will have to wait. I can be reached at azriel924@netscape.net if you have more questions. I won't be checking in for awhile.

Best of luck to you all,! :D
  • Options
    kklentzkklentz Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ghaouf,

The book I will be using for the 70-218 is Sybex. I thought long and hard over this. But incase I change my mind, I also have the MS Press book.

My reason is as follows.

For the 70-210 and 70-215, I used the MS Press book solely. But I also am using Specialized Solutions video courses also. The video courses give a good overview of the whole material, leaving it up to you to read the book for more in depth detail. They recommend MS Press books - that's how I got my set of books.

Now one of their courses (70-220) uses the Sybex book. Looking through that one, gave me the idea to use Sybex for the 70-218.

While MS Press is a good book to have and read, I think it would be good to get a third parties opinion on what to cover. Sybex gives real world situations and more of a friendlier read. Also, just looking at the Sybex 70-218 book, it goes over multicast scopes for DHCP which I don't even see in the MS Press book.

So, I'll give Sybex a shot on this one, even though I already have the MS Press book. If I don't think I'm getting what I should, I will switch over to the MS Press book.

Off to read.