Posting Resumes

whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
Hope you are all doing well!

Questions about posting a resume:

1. I have heard that Dice and Monster are mainly the places to posts one resume for the best hit counts. Any other places that any of you had great hit success with?

2. Since one would be posting their resume on such a public place --- what information do you typically leave off?
For privacy/safety reasons, would you only post a phone number and email address? Personal address or PO Box?

How detailed can you be, without providing so much personal information that it becomes a security risk?
2017 Goals:
[ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
Future Goals:
TBD

Comments

• EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    CareerBuilder.com is another one. Then there's Technology Jobs | The Ladders, which used to be only $100k+ jobs, but they recently changed things and opened it up to all levels.

Not just anyone can see your info when you post your resume on these sites. You have to have a recruiter or employer account. Not sure what all is involved in that, but I don't think just anyone can get one. For example, I can't logon to Dice and find your resume with my job seeker account on there.

Read each sites privacy policy if you have concerns. I've never had any issues, I put my full name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number on my resume when I post it.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Everyone wrote: »
    CareerBuilder.com is another one. Then there's Technology Jobs | The Ladders, which used to be only $100k+ jobs, but they recently changed things and opened it up to all levels.

Not just anyone can see your info when you post your resume on these sites. You have to have a recruiter or employer account. Not sure what all is involved in that, but I don't think just anyone can get one. For example, I can't logon to Dice and find your resume with my job seeker account on there.

Read each sites privacy policy if you have concerns. I've never had any issues, I put my full name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number on my resume when I post it.

Thanks for the response --- been awhile since I posted anything!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've gotten more hits lately with my LinkedIn profile than with my actual resume.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...