70-680 Passed

JubeiYagaruJubeiYagaru Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Scored a 945/1000

Material used for study :

Testout 70-680 mentored learning course
Professor Messer's Windows 7 :70-680
Microsoft Press 70-680 Self Paced Training Kit ( Corrected Edition )

Comments

• universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    congrats!

I still have to take this (soon, since I bought a voucher that expires in December).

Again , way to go..
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the pass! i'll be taking this in the upcoming weeks myself.
  • daver1015daver1015 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! What exactly is Testout 70-680 mentored learning course, I have an idea but was wondering what you used.

Thanks
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for posting materials used to study!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    Congrats. I take my exam on Monday, and am very nervous about it. Never took a MS exam before and although I have used Prof Messer's vids and the Sybex and Poutlon books, and done labbing, I don't feel confident. Hopefully I'll pass it, but if not I have my second shot.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert. That's a tough exam from what I've heard. I studied for it but chickened out as I didn't have the money to blow if I didn't pass it and I already had my OS (vista) to qualify for my MCITP: EA.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • JubeiYagaruJubeiYagaru Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It was not as bad as I was expecting, but I drilled myself to death the last 3 weeks on making sure I understood as much as possible. I think seriously 50% of my test was just on installation and Deployment.

As far as what I mean by Testout mentored learning, the best way to answer is just to link ya to the exact Labsim I used. Configuring Windows 7

Edit: Funny I keep seeing people from Alabama.... there some kinda collection of you guys, whats odd is I wonder if I know any of ya....
    you paid $495 for that????? and it didn't even include a voucher for the exam?????

you do know that you can get a trial of win7 business and win2k8r2 for free and put them on some VM's on your pc(s) for nothing.

Hopefully your employer or school paid for it.....
  • JubeiYagaruJubeiYagaru Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Neither, got lucky and honestly ended up with the course work for everything for MCITP:SA and MCITP:EA just due to a buddy of mine getting it with some of his college grant money. Since he ended up changing majors, he just gave the collection to me since he knows it is something I want to do. Though my books are paid for by my school, as well as my test vouchers.....or rather my grant that went to the school is paying for them. Also I have copies of both Win:7 Ultimate and Win2k8r2 from the school on VHD's for lab practice.
    glad you didnt pay for that stuff!

i am not from Alabama originally, I just moved to Huntsville area this spring... Area is OK, but the wife hates it and I am renewing my certs and trolling the job sites to get a job else where next spring (I have a 1 year commitment to the gov't due to them paying my move, otherwise I would have taking a new job this summer).
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    you paid $495 for that????? and it didn't even include a voucher for the exam?????

you do know that you can get a trial of win7 business and win2k8r2 for free and put them on some VM's on your pc(s) for nothing.

Hopefully your employer or school paid for it.....

If you're a student at a partnered school like WGU, you only pay $79-$89 for the course...not the riduclously high price.

Also, while we do get provided with Labsims through WGU as part of our tuition, I kind of prefer reading. Also, Prof Messer's videos are so far so good. I may be taking the 680 next week myself.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing, that's a solid score.
  • PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
    Thats a great score. I have failed twice, with a 647 and 682. I really don't understand why i fail ,but i do. I would like some advice because i did above average on all sections ,but one which was networking connectivity. Thanks for any replys.