Carbon Nano-tubes make cloaking device ( as in Predator or Klingon Bird of Prey)

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■

Comments

• EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    I saw that on Gizmodo the other day, pretty cool. However, you have to wonder if it only works from specific angles. You can still see the closest edge when the "cloak" is activated, which makes me wonder if you changed the viewing angle, would you be able to see more?

I'd be more impressed if the camera revolved around it while the cloak was activated, and you still couldn't see it no matter what the viewing angle. I'm guessing it doesn't work like that (yet) so that is why the camera sits at one weird angle. Still pretty cool though.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am pretty sure you are correct. But the thing about tech like this is that when it is in the initial stages it never works well, and then, as it makes it way into whatever market, it gets better and better. I think the only real application for something like this is military. So once the military gets it we may never even be aware that it is working until foregn national leaders that the USA does not like start dropping dead and there are reports of ghost-like, shimmering figures.